Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wanted to venture into getting a custom tune, and more importantly if I ever go BT in the future and need one, is there a resource for finding places to get a custom dyno tune done in PA? I'm right in the center of PA, so I'm sure I'll have to do some traveling.

·
Registered
216 Posts
TPG Tuning in Blairsville, Pa will tune.
Evans Tuning as well

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RT Tuning near Philly does Cobb Tuning, I assume that means any car that Cobb makes the accessport for.
What is the difference between going to a dyno tuner like RT Tuning vs doing Stratified Custom Tuning? Just in person vs email? Or is there actual benefits?

Question isn't just for Mr. Toaster, just quoting his comment.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What is the difference between going to a dyno tuner like RT Tuning vs doing Stratified Custom Tuning? Just in person vs email? Or is there actual benefits?

Question isn't just for Mr. Toaster, just quoting his comment.
Dyno tuning is better. It's done in one day with the tuner fully concentrated on your car. The car is tuned at the same conditions. The tuner can look at variables easier and see live-time data. He can make more small tweaks instantly. Tweak, go for a pull, tweak, go for a pull. You can bring up your needs, wants, and concerns and they should be addressed on the spot and you probably will get to see the change based on those needs/wants/concerns.

I'm hesitant to say etuning can be done just as well but for most cases it likely can be but can take a while as the process is longer. For the average modded car, the differences from a dyno tune and etune will be negligent.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm hesitant to say etuning can be done just as well but for most cases it likely can be but can take a while as the process is longer. For the average modded car, the differences from a dyno tune and etune will be negligent.
How about a Big Turbo car?

·
Registered
150 Posts
How about a Big Turbo car?
I believe my above statement still stands unless you are trying to max out that turbo 100%. I'm guessing you want it in a comfortable range. Getting an etune will suffice. I personally would prefer the dyno tune especially because of the face time you get with the tuner.
If I had the chance to get my car dyno tuned over etuned, I'd take it. Sadly the closest *reputable* shop is either fswerks or mountune and they are about 2hrs away. Since randy left fswerks, I haven't heard any reviews about their tuning. Indifferent about mountune and randy also kinda left, i think... Lot of the local ST guys are going for the flash tunes as many are not BT.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe my above statement still stands unless you are trying to max out that turbo 100%. I'm guessing you want it in a comfortable range. Getting an etune will suffice. I personally would prefer the dyno tune especially because of the face time you get with the tuner.
If I had the chance to get my car dyno tuned over etuned, I'd take it. Sadly the closest *reputable* shop is either fswerks or mountune and they are about 2hrs away. Since randy left fswerks, I haven't heard any reviews about their tuning. Indifferent about mountune and randy also kinda left, i think... Lot of the local ST guys are going for the flash tunes as many are not BT.
So far my closest tuner is over 2 hours so I feel you. Lol I'll probably be going etune come time it looks like..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts