64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I did today :)

IMG_7759.JPG

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
currently yes but I am using it to make a mount for my accessport to go there so eventually no

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Heh, not bad!

PERSONALLY, if I was going to move the button from the stock position. I would much rather have it in the hole for the 12V right beside the shifter. With the Red Ford Power start button :big smile:

But I think it's fine where it is stock.

+1 for creativity tho

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, not bad!

PERSONALLY, if I was going to move the button from the stock position. I would much rather have it in the hole for the 12V right beside the shifter. With the Red Ford Power start button :big smile:

But I think it's fine where it is stock.

+1 for creativity tho
I was originally going to do that! But the 12v outlet is moulded into the shifter surround and I didn't want to modify it since its a much more expensive piece to replace if I screw it up. Red button is going on soon too btw :)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I was originally going to do that! But the 12v outlet is moulded into the shifter surround and I didn't want to modify it since its a much more expensive piece to replace if I screw it up. Red button is going on soon too btw :)

Yeah, It would be a one shot deal for sure, unless you have access to another piece on the cheap!

·
Registered
56 Posts
D24D5A37-4FDC-495F-A65E-29122F1337B1.jpeg I had no problem moving my start button to the power point location, however now I need to find a way to fix the hole in the dash. But I like the start button next to the shifter. The power point pulls out of the trim piece and I had to enlarge the hole slightly to fit the start button, I think it came out quite well.

·
Registered
484 Posts
View attachment 285370 I had no problem moving my start button to the power point location, however now I need to find a way to fix the hole in the dash. But I like the start button next to the shifter. The power point pulls out of the trim piece and I had to enlarge the hole slightly to fit the start button, I think it came out quite well.
Thats a great place to relocate your cigarette lighter to....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: LuckyWelds

·
Registered
56 Posts
I found a salvage Focus that had key start. I will take the dash pad vinyl from that to cover the location of the switch hole. I will post pics of the project.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
View attachment 285370 I had no problem moving my start button to the power point location, however now I need to find a way to fix the hole in the dash. But I like the start button next to the shifter. The power point pulls out of the trim piece and I had to enlarge the hole slightly to fit the start button, I think it came out quite well.
this is exactly what I have been contemplating doing, my thought was to move the start/stop button down there and move the power port (or more likely just a fast charging USB port) up to where the start/stop button is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The power point is too small for the start/stop button hole, I tried that. But if you can find a USB port that would fit, that would be a great place for it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
yeah, that was kind what I was thinking. wiring up a quick charger down inside the center console where the socket plugs in, and then using a flush mount USB port to extend the power up to there.

so then, if the start stop button is larger, I would assume that that you had to do some minor trimming to get it to fit in there making this a non-reversible mod?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is an update on my start button relocation. I replaced the vinyl part of the dash with a piece from a key start Focus. ED7DB805-ADC7-4BBE-B643-BF9B9AB1D375.jpeg 190F91A8-FC85-4E2E-A3F3-592536B454FE.jpeg 08F83F00-9254-4A14-BAED-EB2F6150BCF4.jpeg E98C661B-26B9-4EF0-AD0A-FC6646262D48.jpeg 908AED92-9D3A-4D26-8B45-EA4F97B83863.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: willfromfreeport

·
Registered
7 Posts
what are you using for the red start button?

is it just the button cap for the GT350? i though the mustang ones were different since they have an LED light that sticks through it.
The red is a custom cap I made for the button so it still illuminates like the factory button

1 - 19 of 19 Posts