Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago member @Design on here showed a phone holder he designed and printed for his phone. I sent him a PM and had him make me up a black one, sort of forgot about it with Christmas coming and it showed up today. I am going to post a ton of photos but for reference I have a Motorola Pure which most the pics are of, there are two of an iphone 6. If you give him your phone dimensions he will make the part that holds the phone custom sized.
As you will see the holder uses the cup holder, so that could be a negative for some, but as I drive alone I only really need one cup holder, and you can always just put it on the ground if you have a guest. It can sit halfway in the cup holder so your phone is a bit higher, or it can sit all the way at the bottom of the cup holder. From my limited time playing around I think the middle height is better because you can see your notifications and what not without any hassle, the angle might be harder if you put it all the way to the bottom. Anyways, here are some pics. I think its a great place if you don't want a holder on the dash and your phone doesn't fit in the tray below the sync 3.

View attachment 190745
View attachment 190753
View attachment 190761
-iphone seated low View attachment 190769
-iphone seated mid level View attachment 190777
-he does different colors, I chose black. You can't really tell it's there with no phone View attachment 190785

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For some reason these show up as attachments any not pics, anyone know how to change that?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It looks neat but I guess I miss the point of it if it's already in a cup holder?
I can't really do anything with my phone from the cup holder, dont text and drive kids, so if I ever need to I pick up
It looks like it just hold the phone in the cup holder without the phone touching the cup holder
Unless I'm missing something

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks neat but I guess I miss the point of it if it's already in a cup holder?
I can't really do anything with my phone from the cup holder, dont text and drive kids, so if I ever need to I pick up
It looks like it just hold the phone in the cup holder without the phone touching the cup holder
Unless I'm missing something
I get what you are saying, my responses: I miss the point of it if it's already in a cup holder I live on some back twisty roads-miles of them- and my phone flies all over the cup holder and car when I drive hard on them. This thing keeps the phone in one spot where I can quickly glance to see who is calling/texting etc..
I don't text and drive anymore either, so my need for the phone to be right in my face on the dash isn't there anymore. I do like being able to quickly glance and see who texted or is calling though and this raises the phone to where I can easily read all notifications quickly. Yeah I know i could just use Sync 3, but I don't always keep them paired for various reasons. Another thing this piece allows for is a way to charge the phone in a place it won't go flying all around. If you have an iphone 6 or some small phone you probably have a few spots the phone could be tucked away already. My phone doesn't fit on any of the OEM stash spots so I need something else that holds it steady, this does the trick.

I do understand what you are saying though like I said, and some of these reasons might not make sense to some people and I get that. Just a clever fix that meets my needs!:smile:

Reactions: hmc2261

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 3D printer so maybe I'll come up with a better cell phone holder setup. I'm going to design and print out a mount for my radar detector setup along with my car cameras which I'll post later.

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts