Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who all if any has went with something custom. Whether it's a turbo or a catback, has anyone done anything not the norm? Like a glass pack or something? Lol just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
Just my humble opinion, but doesn't seem like much use nor cost effective on this car, what with all the gorgeous systems currently available. The Cobb system almost went on my wall instead of under the car. I'd venture to guess a true mandrel bent custom system with those welds would run a lot more than $700.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just my humble opinion, but doesn't seem like much use nor cost effective on this car, what with all the gorgeous systems currently available. The Cobb system almost went on my wall instead of under the car. I'd venture to guess a true mandrel bent custom system with those welds would run a lot more than $700.
That's the thing, I'd be for running a higher priced system later on when I buy a downpipe and ap, but for now I could settle for just a decent sounding muffler to replace the stock. I want the Greddy catback but I don't have greddy money lol

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think you'd be happy with a center resonator, or perhaps muffler delete. If you want a little noise, do the resonator delete. If you want lots of boomy noise, delete the rear muffler

·
Registered
362 Posts
I like my Borla CBE. Good sound and no drone. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you'd be happy with a center resonator, or perhaps muffler delete. If you want a little noise, do the resonator delete. If you want lots of boomy noise, delete the rear muffler
Highly considering a muffler delete until I can afford the greddy cbe

·
Registered
362 Posts
Borla sounds great. Considering them and greddy for my cbe.

Here are some videos after it was installed on my ST.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i just had a 3" straight pipe (well from the cat back at least) made for mine, $350 from a muffler shop local to me. they did a good job. if you like loud then its for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you drive on the highway and don't want excessive amounts of drone, do not do a muffler delete. I did this and regret it for anytime I drive to Denver. In the city it is perfect IMO but highway is absolute hell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
i was thinking of doing a turn down or something. Planning on swapping my rear valence (i have a 15) and thinking not have exhaust tips showing would look pretty neat

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was thinking of doing a turn down or something. Planning on swapping my rear valence (i have a 15) and thinking not have exhaust tips showing would look pretty neat
I've decided I'm now gonna just swap out the stock muffler for a flowmaster super 44 and to a dual tip out the stock valence. I have a 16. I'm not a fan of the stock muffler tip

·
Registered
565 Posts
I made my own catback...at some point I will make another one that is 3", currently running a 2.5" catback as it was cheaper at the time. But it sounds really good, people always ask what it is, and are impressed with how good our little 4 can sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering who all if any has went with something custom. Whether it's a turbo or a catback, has anyone done anything not the norm? Like a glass pack or something? Lol just curious

i recently built a custom 3.5 inch exhuast with a vibrant resonator and a custom 3 inch catless downpipe, all in about 400 dollars to keep cost down i did pie cuts which took time but looks rad. sounds unlike any bolt on and i used v bands for easier removal. if you guys want an exhuast clip let me know!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts