Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a good bit of searching in this forum and online but have yet to find a definitive answer. Is there a difference in curb weight between say the 2013-2014 and the 2015-2016 model years? I believe somewhere I did read that the 2015-2016s may be heavier.

·
Registered
117 Posts
From what I've read they all seem the same and have a range of 3,223-3,248lbs, probably depends on what options you get.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I suspect a car with base manual seats, and one with full-leather power Recaros will have a significantly different weight.

IIRC, on my old Mazdaspeed6, the low level Sport trim with manual cloth seats was ~200lb lighter than a Grand Touring with leather etc. There were a number of other differences, as well, such as sunroof, sound system, etc, so it's not just the seats, but the power mechanism weighs quite a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I've seen a lot about the weight difference between trims with the seats, moon-roof and so on. I was just curious if anything between model years has changed, such as a base 2013 weighing less than a base 2016; but from what you guys are saying it seems to have remained the same.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Yeah I've seen a lot about the weight difference between trims with the seats, moon-roof and so on. I was just curious if anything between model years has changed, such as a base 2013 weighing less than a base 2016; but from what you guys are saying it seems to have remained the same.
If there was a weight gain, the company would be crowing about "new safety features". :D

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I would think there would be a significant increase in weight to get the ST3 and those heavy a$$ recaros and MFT. Other than that I don't believe there was any significant weight difference between years.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would think there would be a significant increase in weight to get the ST3 and those heavy a$$ recaros and MFT. Other than that I don't believe there was any significant weight difference between years.
Had that same thought, curious to know the weight difference ST1 to ST3. Either need to have two people weigh or look at the door tags on both models.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
When I bought my 2013 ST1, I did some homework and I recall seeing somewhere that the ST1s are ~200 lbs. lighter than the ST2/ST3 models. The Recaros and the Touch system seemed to account for the majority of the weight differences. My memory may be off!

Mark

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
When I bought my 2013 ST1, I did some homework and I recall seeing somewhere that the ST1s are ~200 lbs. lighter than the ST2/ST3 models. The Recaros and the Touch system seemed to account for the majority of the weight differences. My memory may be off!

Mark
Sounds believable. The ST3 Recaros are some heavy sum*****es.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts