Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has recently been making a creaking noise coming from the driver side rear tire. the brakes are also tss noise as well. I've checked the pads and they look brand new. Swapped them to the other side and still rubbing. I've check the E-Brake cable for noise since thats what I've read could cause some of the noise but that didnt help. I can move the wheel and theres play with the hub, is that a factor? I also changed the rotors and its still making the creak and brake rubbing

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
My car has recently been making a creaking noise coming from the driver side rear tire. the brakes are also tss noise as well. I've checked the pads and they look brand new. Swapped them to the other side and still rubbing. I've check the E-Brake cable for noise since thats what I've read could cause some of the noise but that didnt help. I can move the wheel and theres play with the hub, is that a factor? I also changed the rotors and its still making the creak and brake rubbing
There should not be any play in the hub, could be the bearing. As far as I know this is changed as an assembly (hub/bearing).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I jacked my car up yesterday and took the wheel off. when I was doing this, the whole wheel was moving and making a knocking sound and i can see it moving if i push and pull it from the top of the wheel. Do I have a bad bearing/hub assembly? Can this be making my brakes scrape and make it tssk every revolution?

·
Registered
91 Posts
did you figure out what was this cause i have it also on my 2018

1 - 4 of 4 Posts