Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Noob here. Done a little looking around and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for in respect to the issue I'm having. From a stop, if I turn my wheel left and right, I get some popping and creaking from underneath the car in the front. I put the car on jack stands and turned the wheels left to right by hand and got the same popping and creaking. Seems to be centrally located under the car as it did not sound louder from one side or the other. Any help here? Ideas?

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Sounds like it could be CV's. Is it a once per revolution thing or does it go slower or faster with the speed of the vehicle? If that is the case, then it is either CV's or bearings. Our cars did have a problem with the strut bearings needing to be lubed also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its certainly more than one pop per revolution, but I guess I haven't thought to "measure" it. It seems to go away with speed. Maybe I'm just not hearing it at speed. Is the bearing something I can grease myself?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Its certainly more than one pop per revolution, but I guess I haven't thought to "measure" it. It seems to go away with speed. Maybe I'm just not hearing it at speed. Is the bearing something I can grease myself?
Yes technically(with some automotive know how) you can grease them yourself but if it is making that much noise it may be shot(or loose).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meh. Bumper to bumper warranty on everything but tires, brakes, and fluid. The dealer can mess with it.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Meh. Bumper to bumper warranty on everything but tires, brakes, and fluid. The dealer can mess with it.
Yep great answer, I know a couple guys have had the front bearings replaced already so that may be the problem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have similar problem. However, it happens once at a time. Mostly after sitting or very tight slow turns.
In morning after sitting overnight; reversing-sharp metallic "ting" and going forward a "pop". I can also feel these.

Sharp tight turns; "pop" going forward .

This has been happening for awhile now. I thought this might be normal because my BMWs used to do this also. But after reading this thread...

2016 ST bought in May with 15,000 miles
Mountune Clubsport mod
Mountune RMM

Thanks for any input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts