Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on here a member was saying how good the bumpers were. Now I can attest to that statement as I have been hit from behind with nothing more than the imprint of the 2 nuts of the guys bumper guard. Perhaps it was his bumper guard that saved me from serious damage but my car was pushed forward about 3' (yes that's 3 feet) when it was parked. You be the judge. BTW if you look closely that is his license plate imprint in the salt that covered my bumper. The deep dent in his plate are from my tail pipe. Notice how deep his plate is from his guard and yet it still managed to contact my bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yes, I had a Sentra slide into my old SE in the rain somewhere between 5 and 10 mph impact and not a scratch.

Somewhere around 30 mph impact speed is too much, though:

IMG_2921.JPG

And twice in a row is way over.

IMG_2929.JPG

But it will still drive away while the enemy did not.

IMG_2926.JPG

·
Registered
825 Posts
The rear of cars usually is better looking after a crash due to mandated pedestrian frontal crash requirements.
The powers that be want the front to cave for a pedestrian... So guess what happens when it is another car?
No requirements for the back to be that 'soft'.
I your Ford had hit the back of another car the same way, your car would look like that other car does now.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I'd still clean her up and look for micro-cracks in the paint from being hit. I've seen cars look "fine" then a few weeks later in direct sunlight they notice their paint spider webbed from the impact shock.

Also, I do think that the bumper guard actually did a good bit of guarding here...those things are hard enough to take the blow and compress but soft enough not to blow through the ABS on your bumper usually.

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
327 Posts
I had some cholo crash into my rear bumper and nothing but 2 imprints from license plate screws. Such little damage his insurance company wouldn't even cover anything and didn't bother making a huge fuss about it anyways, not worth it for future resale value.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts