Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the video below, advance to around 7:10-7:40 for the clip of my car. Nothing serious, but thought you guys may enjoy a little video of a recent accident I had. $3,000 worth of damage. Replaced front bumper cover, passenger headlight, passenger fog lamp assembly, passenger fender. Also needed an alignment because of tire contact with the other driver's vehicle and my body panels rubbing the tire. The photos show the minimal damage. The panels were messed up enough to mess up the hood alignment a bit, thus the picture of the hood gap.

Additional note: the company that did the repairs also damaged my car by backing it into a pole, causing $600 more damage. They had to fix the rear bumper cover and the driver's side reflector.

Forrester.png.jpg MyCarPhoto1.png.jpg MyCarPhoto2.png.jpg MyCarPhoto3.png.jpg MyCarPhoto4.png.jpg P1150529.JPG P1150530.JPG P1150531.JPG P1150533.JPG P1150534.JPG

·
Registered
988 Posts
Did the other driver really try to put the blame on you?? LMAO

I hate how no one knows how to use a roundabout, and that no one ever stops to make sure people involved in an accident are okay.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely. So, she gets out of her car. I asked her if she was ok, and then I asked if her passenger was ok. They were fine. Then, she immediately said something along the lines of "Why did you hit me? I was driving through." That immediately sent red flags flying everywhere in my mind. That's when I called the cops, because I ain't got time to be messed with like that. So, while we are waiting on the cops, she called her husband. He was close by and pulled up in his truck. He looks at the damage, then looks at the roundabout and goes, "How fast were you going around there, partner?" I look straight at him and go, "Not fast considering it is a roundabout and that the road is wet." The police got there, and I immediately told him I had footage of the accident. I brought it up for him and the husband to see. The cop was like, "No doubt about it. It was her fault." However, he wouldn't take a report. He didn't want to hurt her driving record. I didn't really push it because I knew I had the footage to prove my case if they wanted to be d-bags about it.

Later on in the week, they proved to be d-bags about it. So, being who I am, I sent the insurances companies the dashcam footage, got my deductible back, and went on my merry way. Still, isn't completely settled yet, though. I'm still trying to get diminished value because that really hurt my car's value. We will see what I can get in the meantime.

·
Registered
988 Posts
It's crap like this that really makes me want to get a dash cam since I spend an hour a day in my car.

·
Registered
988 Posts
What camera are you using?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Papago P3, but it has a weird format for video. For the money, I'd recommend something else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm glad you had the footage. Amazes me how many dbags out there.
This is the kind of **** that scared me into buying a dash cam. Not the best cam, but for the ~$60 I got it for it does enough. Just got my ST, and I gotta figure out the best way to route the power cable.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
someone almost creamed me in a roundabout about 6 weeks ago, I would have been PISSED if they hit me in my ST. It was a 2 lane roundabout, why, IDK, i was in the outer lane to turn right and the guy in the inner lane tried to turn right into me...what a dumb ass. Anyway I'm am getting a dash cam soon! I just had to spend $120 this weekend on an angle grinder for some home repairs(luckily double has a grill mod) so it will wait, plus its winter now and the ST isn't leaving the driveway unless it has to.

People are real pieces of **** btw. good grief.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Did the other driver really try to put the blame on you?? LMAO

I hate how no one knows how to use a roundabout, and that no one ever stops to make sure people involved in an accident are okay.
In a serious accident yes but this was minor. Having a bunch of cars stopping and blocking traffic for a minor accident like this doesn't really seem necessary to me.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm glad you had the footage. Amazes me how many dbags out there.
This is the kind of **** that scared me into buying a dash cam. Not the best cam, but for the ~$60 I got it for it does enough. Just got my ST, and I gotta figure out the best way to route the power cable.
After about the third or fourth close call, I decided that yellow isn't something people see anymore, so I bought the cam. So far, I've collected about a dozen or so near misses.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After about the third or fourth close call, I decided that yellow isn't something people see anymore, so I bought the cam. So far, I've collected about a dozen or so near misses.
Oxford White here, same issue and I've only had the car for 3 days. Too many people texting and driving or generally not giving a **** (merging without a signal, etc). Just gotta figure out the cabling cause it's just hanging there right now.

·
Registered
988 Posts
In a serious accident yes but this was minor. Having a bunch of cars stopping and blocking traffic for a minor accident like this doesn't really seem necessary to me.
Simply rolling down the window to ask if everyone is okay is all you need to do.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I realllly need to get a dashcam after watching this. Cannot believe her and her dbag husband tried to blame this on you. Wow.

I've also been told never to ask if anybody is alright because it can be construed as an admission of guilt.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts