Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I thought I'd finally, finally found the right splitter for my cup spoiler modified Focus ST in the form of the Street Scene splitter. Not a bad price, not too small and not a massive clown car size. So, excitedly I started to make an order with CJ. All was going well until I got to shipping. You know, I was expecting something like, maybe 80 odd Dollars, but just imagine my reaction to, wait for it...$388 on top of the price of the actual splitter!!! That makes shipping the item almost $140 more than the price of the actual splitter! That's over $638 for a bit of fibreglass, and that's before I pay our criminal VAT and import duties at my end! These shipping costs must be an error, aren't they? Yes, maybe $388 inclusive of the cost of the item (although still expensive), but $388 just for shipping??? If it isn't an error then I guess it's bye bye splitter...:(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, we do have Amazon, but it's a very faint shadow of the US Amazon. Car parts wise it's absolutely s**t, with no custom parts available. I guess it's because the idea of customizing vehicles tends to be a niche pastime here, with most people treating their cars as just transport. I, on the other hand, have always had a "thing" for customizing. But that only goes so far. No matter my enthusiasm I'm quite adverse to being mugged for a bit of fibreglass.

Registered
Maybe Triple R Composites can help you out? As far as I know they also do custom work and are based in England so shipping cost will not be gigantic

Registered
I love my free shipping from CJs. Especially since it usually only takes 2 day to get my item.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Registered
Yesterday I thought I'd finally, finally found the right splitter for my cup spoiler modified Focus ST in the form of the Street Scene splitter. Not a bad price, not too small and not a massive clown car size. So, excitedly I started to make an order with CJ. All was going well until I got to shipping. You know, I was expecting something like, maybe 80 odd Dollars, but just imagine my reaction to, wait for it...$388 on top of the price of the actual splitter!!! That makes shipping the item almost $140 more than the price of the actual splitter! That's over $638 for a bit of fibreglass, and that's before I pay our criminal VAT and import duties at my end! These shipping costs must be an error, aren't they? Yes, maybe $388 inclusive of the cost of the item (although still expensive), but $388 just for shipping??? If it isn't an error then I guess it's bye bye splitter...:(
Don鈥檛 feel to bad or like it鈥檚 crazy cost for shipping. I鈥檝e been trying to get my hands on a maxton RS style bumper and shipping is about the same. The bumper is 335 eu and shipping is 560eu! That鈥檚 960 is dollars shipped! And I still have to get it painted. So I feel your pain. I鈥檓 just waiting to see if I can get red devil to get me one any cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts