Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have narrowed down my search to the CPE Stage 1 and Mountune RMM. I believe these will offer the best plant while have the least increase in NVH. Please correct me if I am wrong. This is my DD so comfort is a factor for me. Please let me know your thoughts between the too.

Also I do not feel I can install this part. Perhaps if I were to actually buy jack stands or ramps, but I was wondering if anyone has had a shop install this and what they might charge. As a bonus I live in socal so Moutune and COBB (if a viable option) are not too far.

If anyone local wants to help...that would be awesome!

Next will be the TB Performance front lower traction bar.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
So I have narrowed down my search to the CPE Stage 1 and Mountune RMM. I believe these will offer the best plant while have the least increase in NVH. Please correct me if I am wrong. This is my DD so comfort is a factor for me. Please let me know your thoughts between the too.

Also I do not feel I can install this part. Perhaps if I were to actually buy jack stands or ramps, but I was wondering if anyone has had a shop install this and what they might charge. As a bonus I live in socal so Moutune and COBB (if a viable option) are not too far.

If anyone local wants to help...that would be awesome!

Next will be the TB Performance front lower traction bar.
Just buy a set of ramps for $40, I have a jack and jack stands but rarely use them as the ramps are super convenient. https://www.walmart.com/ip/RhinoRamps-Black/19526658

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just buy a set of ramps for $40, I have a jack and jack stands but rarely use them as the ramps are super convenient. https://www.walmart.com/ip/RhinoRamps-Black/19526658
I was thinking of getting ramps. I just don't know how easy replacing the RMM is. I have watched videos and it seems it may be just a bit outside my comfort zone. If someone local could help (I could ask in the socal section) that would be amazing.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I was thinking of getting ramps. I just don't know how easy replacing the RMM is. I have watched videos and it seems it may be just a bit outside my comfort zone. If someone local could help (I could ask in the socal section) that would be amazing.
It's really easy to replace the RMM, basic tools needed. I think you'd be fine, it may seem intimidating but after you do it you'll realize it wasn't that bad. If you are that worried just start super early in the morning that way if you have issues you can solicit some help after the fact.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really easy to replace the RMM, basic tools needed. I think you'd be fine, it may seem intimidating but after you do it you'll realize it wasn't that bad. If you are that worried just start super early in the morning that way if you have issues you can solicit some help after the fact.
I will watch some more videos and also see if I can find someone local who would like some free beer and pizza to help me haha.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I will watch some more videos and also see if I can find someone local who would like some free beer and pizza to help me haha.
Yeah that always helps, plus if you need some help in the future with some harder mods. But honestly this platform is pretty easy to work on.

Reactions: HBGeek

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I purchased the Rhino ramps from Wallyworld, they're a good investment. I'm going to attempt the Mountune RMM install vey soon. It's been sitting in the garage since last fall. Now that it's warming up, I suppose it's time. My understanding is that the '15-'16 install is a little more involved than the '13-'14. Meh, we'll see.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I purchased the Rhino ramps from Wallyworld, they're a good investment. I'm going to attempt the Mountune RMM install vey soon. It's been sitting in the garage since last fall. Now that it's warming up, I suppose it's time. My understanding is that the '15-'16 install is a little more involved than the '13-'14. Meh, we'll see.
Let me know how it goes! I have to convince the fiance that this purchase is warranted haha. Oddly enough she was on board with a new exhaust though...

·
Registered
383 Posts
CP-E Stage 2 RMM. You won't regret it. I daily mine and I use all 3 CP-E mounts. For me I have slight vibrations when starting off in 1st if I don't have enough RPM, but if you are just doing the RMM it will be great with the Stage 2. I know there are several others on here that are using it and would agree.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CP-E Stage 2 RMM. You won't regret it. I daily mine and I use all 3 CP-E mounts. For me I have slight vibrations when starting off in 1st if I don't have enough RPM, but if you are just doing the RMM it will be great with the Stage 2. I know there are several others on here that are using it and would agree.
Why did you pick the Stage 2 over the Stage 1? I would like less NVH and the Stage one seems better suited for that. I will admit I have seen plenty of people on here with the Stage 2. I'm just curious what convinced you to go with 2 over 1.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've had a Steeda which is similar to the Stage 1, but wasn't happy with it. I did some reading and a forum users that have similar power levels and experience with different parts said get the Stage 2 so I put my trust in them. So far the few people I've talked to have not sent me down the wrong path! Couldn't be happier!
FYI: I drive 60+ miles a day for work highway/city combo.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You are going to need those ramps to put on the traction bar as it needs to be tightened with full weight on the wheels.

Also, RMM is a piece of cake. Just follow the Cobb or CJPP videos. You can do it!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Why did you pick the Stage 2 over the Stage 1? I would like less NVH and the Stage one seems better suited for that. I will admit I have seen plenty of people on here with the Stage 2. I'm just curious what convinced you to go with 2 over 1.
I guess I will be the one to say that the Stage 2 got old after awhile. The vibrations weren't bad, but they were enough to cause a lot of things to start rattling. And they would rattle every time you started in 1st gear, or when you were idling. Or if the A/C was on. It got a bit annoying after awhile. If I still had it I would of taken the time this summer to chase some of them down and see if I could quiet it down a bit. Some of them would of been easy like the HVAC vent pipes in the center console which were just loose in my car.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess I will be the one to say that the Stage 2 got old after awhile. The vibrations weren't bad, but they were enough to cause a lot of things to start rattling. And they would rattle every time you started in 1st gear, or when you were idling. Or if the A/C was on. It got a bit annoying after awhile. If I still had it I would of taken the time this summer to chase some of them down and see if I could quiet it down a bit. Some of them would of been easy like the HVAC vent pipes in the center console which were just loose in my car.
Did you switch to a different RMM?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are going to need those ramps to put on the traction bar as it needs to be tightened with full weight on the wheels.

Also, RMM is a piece of cake. Just follow the Cobb or CJPP videos. You can do it!
I will invest in the ramps. Just like the RMM, I am not sure if I can install the traction bar by myself. Thank you for letting me know the traction bar needs to be installed under load. I was seeing mixed info on that.

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
660 Posts
I will invest in the ramps. Just like the RMM, I am not sure if I can install the traction bar by myself. Thank you for letting me know the traction bar needs to be installed under load. I was seeing mixed info on that.
You can install the traction bar without load but final tightening down should be done under load. The traction bar is two bolts, now I know you can do that! :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Did you switch to a different RMM?
No, I have a RS now. If I still had the ST I would of just kept it and tried chasing down the rattles. I suppose you may get that with any stiffer RMM, but the stage 2 ones are certainly on the stiffer side of things.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can install the traction bar without load but final tightening down should be done under load. The traction bar is two bolts, now I know you can do that! :)
I guess since it is my daily I worry about messing something up. I will watch all the videos I can and get comfortable with it. Thank you for the vote of confidence though!

BTW... GO DUCKS! QUACK QUACK!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, I have a RS now. If I still had the ST I would of just kept it and tried chasing down the rattles. I suppose you may get that with any stiffer RMM, but the stage 2 ones are certainly on the stiffer side of things.
Well aren't you fancy haha. RS...the dream.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts