Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So interesting question..the stock intercooler mount on the top by lifting and placing down on the hooks then bolting the bottom. Does the CPE lightweight go UNDER the hooks or down over them also? I couldn't get them over the hooks because it hits the crashbar. Was it correct to put the bottom of the hook into it and bolt the bottom?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Brian, it goes under the hooks. They are there to hold it from leaning forward. Put the intercooler under them first, then work on the bottom bolts.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Brian, it goes under the hooks. They are there to hold it from leaning forward. Put the intercooler under them first, then work on the bottom bolts.
What a perfect person to respond! Tell you what the bottom bolts were awful. Glad to hear I didn't do it wrong. Hopefully the bottom bolts are tight enough

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, the bottom bolts were a pita. I used a very long extension and got it from the top. You don't really have to overtighen them because if I can recall the bottom support bracket is just plastic.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the bottom bolts were a pita. I used a very long extension and got it from the top. You don't really have to overtighen them because if I can recall the bottom support bracket is just plastic.
I'm just nervous the bottom bolts are going to vibrate the nut off and I'll randomly run my intercooler over going down the highway lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
It should be fine. If you want, just use a little loctite on the bolts. The 2 charge pipes hold it pretty tight too. If you want to check it, just take the bottom plastic cover off the bottom of the bumper. You don't have to remove the entire bumper again.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should be fine. If you want, just use a little loctite on the bolts. The 2 charge pipes hold it pretty tight too. If you want to check it, just take the bottom plastic cover off the bottom of the bumper. You don't have to remove the entire bumper again.
You definitely saved me from taking the front bumper off again with that lol. Thanks again Mike!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your welcome Brian. Glad I could help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts