Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone know which stock map or Cobb map works best with getting a reading for the o2 sensors? I failed emissions while I was on the Cobb ofs stage 2 map and drove 190 miles.

I decided to take my downpipe off anyways as I want to install my wideband but does anyone know how long this takes to get a reading?

Also I tried stage 1 Cobb map but it threw on a engine light after 30 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
You will need a j tube so it wont throw a cel. Its not the wide band o2 thats throwing it, its the secondary o2

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need a j tube so it wont throw a cel. Its not the wide band o2 thats throwing it, its the secondary o2

What does the J tube actually do and we're can I get this correct one?

·
Registered
408 Posts
So the problem your have is that you have a much higher flow of exhaust because you dont have a cat anymore. So the secondary o2 sensor thinks something is wrong and throws a cel. 2 ways of fixing this. Get a tuner to switch it off via the cobb ap tuner or just buy a j tube and put it on the second o2 sensor. The j tube is just that a little tube a few inches long that act as a spacer so the exhaust fumes to longer to reach the o2 and tricking it to thinking everything is ok.a regular muffler shop should sell them. If not they sell them online.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohhh ok. I see. I think the cpe catless came with something like that of some sort. I know what you are talking about now. And by second o2 sensor your talking about the longer one more towards the rear of the car? Thanks! Helps alot

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ohhh ok. I see. I think the cpe catless came with something like that of some sort. I know what you are talking about now. And by second o2 sensor your talking about the longer one more towards the rear of the car? Thanks! Helps alot

Yes, the one toward the middle of the downpipe.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the one toward the middle of the downpipe.

Good news is I found my defouler. These little pins with the different hole sizes I assume restricts the amount of air but which one would be best to use? The smaller or larger ones

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went ahead and got a defouler for my MBRP catted DP, I went with the smallest insert. No CEL'S
Ok cool. Which map did you go with when you added your defouler? Cobb ots stage 0,1 or 2 map? Thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ok cool. Which map did you go with when you added your defouler? Cobb ots stage 0,1 or 2 map? Thanks!

I'm still on stage 1, as soon as I get and install the FMIC, I will send in for the revision to stage 3. I'm running Stratified tunes.

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts

Good news is I found my defouler. These little pins with the different hole sizes I assume restricts the amount of air but which one would be best to use? The smaller or larger ones

I used the medium one as per Edge Auto Sport.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Your saying a small snap ring that goes into the top over the spacer?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts