Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've yet to swap out my roll restrictor/rear mount, and have a question for those in the know. If I'm going to swap it, should I just go ahead and get the cp-e 2 piece design? I don't plan to do a ton of modding, but it would seem to me that it's a better design than just the aftermarket rear mount itself? Or would this be overkill????

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Overkill. I have the cp-e Stage 1 mount but with the harder of the two bushings and even that's a bit of overkill.

If I were going to do it again today, I'd get either the Mountune or the cp-e Stage 1 but with the softer of the two bushings.

Hope that helps!
Mark

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
I hardly think the CPE stage 2 is overkill. Yes there is some NVH but honestly some was mitigated when I got the Damond Motorsports PSMM. It is worth it on every level, although I hear that @Damond Motorsports has some RMM mounts planned. May be worth holding off. ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Was one of the first things I changed. It's a little rough the first 500-1000 miles but after that the nvh is not worse than any other stiff mount on the market I think. Love mine and wouldn't go back. Totally different feel to the front of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed the cp-e stage two as my first non-appearance mod, and have been really happy with it. I'll echo what @UnfocusedST said that there was a noticeable increase in NVH, but it all went away when I installed my front traction bar (tb performance products). I'd highly recommend this rmm, and don't think it's overkill at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
371 Posts
I ran Cobb for about a month then switched over to CP-e stage 2 mount. It was a huge upgrade over the Cobb. The vibrations are not bad after break in

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It sounds like Cobb makes hands down the worst RMM out there. I haven't seen a positive review yet.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Get the cp-e stage 2. It's a wonderful thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts