Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, doing the install right now, my problem is I don't know where all the hardware goes. I can't find any instructions and the installation threads I have found don't mention where it all goes. I was going to mainly use the oem stuff to put it back, but I don't want to if the CP-E stuff is better. Any help or pointing to a thread/link would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
youtube, cjponyparts has some decent videos detailing how to install.
not for the cpe that I can see. just a 48 second clip.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
not for the cpe that I can see. just a 48 second clip.
Did you get this figured out? What part of the hardware were you having issues with?

I see you have it in your signature so I assume you got it installed.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get this figured out? What part of the hardware were you having issues with?

I see you have it in your signature so I assume you got it installed.
The piece you mount the map sensor to, I just hadn't turned it the right way where it would make sense (obviously not great with puzzles :haha:) then there were a few bolts they supplied that I didn't end up using. Everything is put back on how it was before though (minus ags) so I think I am good!

Reactions: Manoah

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
The piece you mount the map sensor to, I just hadn't turned it the right way where it would make sense (obviously not great with puzzles :haha:) then there were a few bolts they supplied that I didn't end up using. Everything is put back on how it was before though (minus ags) so I think I am good!
As long as you got the annoying bolts on the bottom of the intercooler installed then you're good. That's the hardest part next to removing the bumper. If you DON'T have those 2 bolts in then the intercooler could come off the hoses and fall through your weather guard on the bottom and get run over lol

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As long as you got the annoying bolts on the bottom of the intercooler installed then you're good. That's the hardest part next to removing the bumper. If you DON'T have those 2 bolts in then the intercooler could come off the hoses and fall through your weather guard on the bottom and get run over lol
Yeah those two were a pain but I managed after a while doing it by feel while my cousin helped. Hooked on the plastic tabs too. I think I have it on right at this point, it was just frustrating at the time. I really am not liking the trend of not including directions vendors have. IMO it's pretty ridiculous that a job this big doesn't have even a single direction anywhere from the company. Yes it isn't brain surgery, but some of us aren't as experienced and it would be helpful.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Yeah those two were a pain but I managed after a while doing it by feel while my cousin helped. Hooked on the plastic tabs too. I think I have it on right at this point, it was just frustrating at the time. I really am not liking the trend of not including directions vendors have. IMO it's pretty ridiculous that a job this big doesn't have even a single direction anywhere from the company. Yes it isn't brain surgery, but some of us aren't as experienced and it would be helpful.
My CPE lightweight included instructions. Even had pictures with each one. Not sure why you didn't have any..odd.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My CPE lightweight included instructions. Even had pictures with each one. Not sure why you didn't have any..odd.
Well, before I blame CP-E I should probably check some drawers or other things for them. I did look on their website and didn't see any. It could have possibly just not been put in the box who knows. Either way, got it done, and happy with the product they provide!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Well, before I blame CP-E I should probably check some drawers or other things for them. I did look on their website and didn't see any. It could have possibly just not been put in the box who knows. Either way, got it done, and happy with the product they provide!
I think those extra bolts you had for the MAP sensor were for the Euro version ST. They included a different bracket for that also.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think those extra bolts you had for the MAP sensor were for the Euro version ST. They included a different bracket for that also.
Oh thanks, I kept them all just incase something loosens up, I can call CP-E and figure out where I went awry, but it sounds like I did okay for myself lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts