Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have purchased the CP-E front mount intercooler or CP-E lightweight intercooler did you choose to upgrade the charge pipes as well? If did you go with CP-E's charge pipes? I assume if you wanted to replace all stock pipes you would order both the HOTCharge CP-E pipes and METHCharge CP-E Pipes is this correct? How do you guys feel this intercooler compares in quality to Cobbs? Noob questions maybe but couldn't find a clear answer on other forums for if people were upgrading charge pipes as well.

Cheers

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nope didn't upgrade my charge pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Yeah they all nailed it ^ You do NOT need the charge pipes unless you upgrade the turbo because our stock turbo will NEVER get to the point where it flows more than the stock charge pipes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Eh, a little hairspray and some upgraded clamps can solve that for $20-$25. Spending $200-$350 on new charge pipes because they pop off is like buying new wheels because your tires are bald. Now, if he has the modding disease, all this is moot and he's already debating between the MBRP, CP-E, JBR or Mountune pipes. Lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone for the info. It appears I should save my money and not upgrade pipes since I have no intention of going big turbo.

Reactions: Huzzah

·
Registered
357 Posts
that's a good idea ^, but, upgrading the pipes allows you to run a BOV too.
You don't need charge pipes to run a blow off valve, only if you want to relocate from the compressor housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I purchased my cp

So you purchased the HOTCharge pipes and METHCharge pipes? Did they screw in no problem? No drilling etc easy install?

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
I purchased my cp

So you purchased the HOTCharge pipes and METHCharge pipes? Did they screw in no problem? No drilling etc easy install?
I don't have the methcharge pipe. I have the exhale kit. So it is the same pipe but with a bov attached. The cold side is a challenging to install the first time. Most drop the lower radiator support.

Sent from another galaxy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts