Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the issue is that the 90 degree coupler supplied with the CP-E hotside fits the OEM k03 fine, but is too short to connect to a GTX series turbo.

Supposedly CP-E makes a longer coupling for their big turbo kits, is there a chance this coupler can be purchased separately?

I'd hate to have to get ghetto with a CPE hotside to mate it up.

Please let us know if this can be resolved. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
So the issue is that the 90 degree coupler supplied with the CP-E hotside fits the OEM k03 fine, but is too short to connect to a GTX series turbo.

Supposedly CP-E makes a longer coupling for their big turbo kits, is there a chance this coupler can be purchased separately?

I'd hate to have to get ghetto with a CPE hotside to mate it up.

Please let us know if this can be resolved. Thanks!!
Did you ever get any resolution on this? I’m currently dealing with this issue. The coupler definitely isn’t the correct lengths for the gtx setup. After about 12,000 miles I checked everything today and the elbow was almost about to pop off the turbo outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever get any resolution on this? I’m currently dealing with this issue. The coupler definitely isn’t the correct lengths for the gtx setup. After about 12,000 miles I checked everything today and the elbow was almost about to pop off the turbo outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An aftermarket coupler that is longer, needs to be purchased. CP-E never got back to us on this one.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Recently I cracked the plexi-glass top on my cp-e intake. They don't have a replacement listed on their site so I sent them an email. They responded that I could order a replacement by completing an order form and emailing it back.

Not saying this is the same, but who knows maybe they will sell you the coupler in a similar fashion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
An aftermarket coupler that is longer, needs to be purchased. CP-E never got back to us on this one.
in this thread they seem to be able to use the included silicone from the hotcharge kit to attach to an ATP turbo kit

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-performance/53313-hot-side-charge-pipes-reviewed-jbr-hot-side-charge-pipe-vs-cp-e-hotcharge-kit.html

But from what im getting, it may be too short?

The silicone included in our atmosphere kit is actually much shorter, but the turbo sits lower. We use a completely custom silicone for this connection.

the standard housing on the GTX2867R gen 2 has a 2 in. outlet, same as stock. We do trim the coupler that is included with the hot side charge pipe. We should be able to send a non-trimmed one if necessary. shoot me an email or pm and we can figure it out.

If someone has a pic of where its too short that would be appreciated.

In the end the hot side charge pipe was meant for stock turbo/atmosphere kit only. But I'd like to help get this figured out for you guys.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have the cpe hotside kit on my speed by design turbo kit and I had to buy a 2.5" extension pipe then bought a extra straight coupler and a extra 90* coupler and extended it myself. I haven't had any issues since that point so that is what I would do. when first put the hotside pipe on it was definitely to short. the tbolt clamp was right on the edge of the coupler just barely holding it on. definitely would of been a boost leak issue if it didn't get fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts