Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some know cp-e updated their excellent exhale kit. This update contains a updated BlockD plate and a new MAPtap. This update also nolonger uses the custom cp-e spring for the TiAL bov.

Above is the new parts. Below are the original.

I never liked the original way of using the rubber diaphragmfrom the stock valve. My original valve had a tear in it and took my turbo out. So I did run the exhale kit with the ATP block off plate.

Orange cp-e spring vs plain spring.

Install is very straight forward. No more difficult than is use to be.

I really enjoy the new BlockD plate. It unlike the ATP version allows the retention of the stock sensor bracket.

The MAPtap adaptor is a nice touch also. No need for a symposer delete to add a vacuum port. Sorry I neglected to take a picture with the barbed fitting attached.

Now there is also no need to run a vacuum line from the factory source down to the bov which can be unsightly.

I really like the updates to these kits. In my personal opinion I would like to see the MAPtap and BlockD plate sold individually. The MAPtap would be great for those who want to do a custom bov setup for aftermarket boost gauge and retain their sound symposer. The BlockD plate is a nicer version for the ATP plate I was running. With the ability to retain the factory bracket it is a much nicer piece.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Really nice review of the updated exhale kit @UnfocusedST. I thought I was going to have to tap my symposer delete for the vacuum line originally but this makes it so I don't! Being a person of substantially little knowledge on this subject, are there differences in the MapTap as opposed to running a line from a tapped symposer delete?

·
Premium Member
13,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really nice review of the updated exhale kit @UnfocusedST. I thought I was going to have to tap my symposer delete for the vacuum line originally but this makes it so I don't! Being a person of substantially little knowledge on this subject, are there differences in the MapTap as opposed to running a line from a tapped symposer delete?
You would get the same effect. The thing about the MAPtap is you can keep your sound symposer or like me run a boost gauge off the symposer delete.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Solid write-up! I totally agree that CP-E should consider selling the MAPtap and BlockD separately, they are very nice components that I think a lot of people could really benefit from. Especially the MAPtap, the uses for that little guy are endless.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Solid write-up! I totally agree that CP-E should consider selling the MAPtap and BlockD separately, they are very nice components that I think a lot of people could really benefit from. Especially the MAPtap, the uses for that little guy are endless.
This x1000!

Those are some nice pieces!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I wish they did aswell, I looked and looked this past weekend to try and find somewhere that broke it up but couldint. Had to order atp block off plate and jbr symposer delete for my levels hks setup. Would have been nice because CPE always has quality peices.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,398 Posts
I talked to a few others at cp-e about the same thing.

Just got a reply, in a few weeks it should be available for separate purchase. Hopefully sooner, than later...

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'll probably be ordering this kit. So why did they stop using the spring for the bov?

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Ended up ordering the kit. I even though JBR was cheaper.
The JBR kit is massively flawed, I speak from first hand experience. You made the right call getting the CPE.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts