Ford Focus ST Forum banner

181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool vid? But still, nope. You guys get the price down to about $125 for the entire assembly and you might have a new customer, but for now I'll deal with the OEM mount and replace as necessary for only $15/per rubber bushing replacement. I do appreciate the engineering and work involved, but man, $300 is just WAY too much for a motor mount.

·
Premium Member
13,065 Posts
If you think it's too much then don't buy it and don't bad mouth it. These pieces are made here in the USA. They are also a performance piece to help eliminate wheel hop, something the oem mount can not do. However this product won't be for everyone. Not all are. It is more for the enthusiast that need the extra performance. I am working on my review of this product. Not saying it's going to change your mind but it should be a good read if your interested.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Cool vid? But still, nope. You guys get the price down to about $125 for the entire assembly and you might have a new customer, but for now I'll deal with the OEM mount and replace as necessary for only $15/per rubber bushing replacement. I do appreciate the engineering and work involved, but man, $300 is just WAY too much for a motor mount.
EPDM isn't $15. When you can go design, machine, powder coat and market a mount for under $300 lmk. I'll buy yours

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you think it's too much then don't buy it and don't bad mouth it. These pieces are made here in the USA. They are also a performance piece to help eliminate wheel hop, something the oem mount can not do. However this product won't be for everyone. Not all are. It is more for the enthusiast that need the extra performance. I am working on my review of this product. Not saying it's going to change your mind but it should be a good read if your interested. Sent from another garage.
so does this mean the psmm is almost ready?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've had this mount on for about 700 miles and I love it. I had the jbr dsmm and it was brutal. So bad that I got rid of it after only a couple of months. This thing is super smooth. Almost stock feel as far as nvh goes. At any rate I am glad that I waited for this mount and took the chance on it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
55. I wanted to make sure the nvh would be minimal after already trying a dsmm previously. I kind of wish I would have got the more aggressive 70 since the 55 is so smooth.

·
Registered
943 Posts
55. I wanted to make sure the nvh would be minimal after already trying a dsmm previously. I kind of wish I would have got the more aggressive 70 since the 55 is so smooth.
Is it better than stock though? I feel like it might help but it just doesn't seem worth it since the 70 is an option

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Is it better than stock though? I feel like it might help but it just doesn't seem worth it since the 70 is an option

Car feels more planted. I haven't done any dig pulls so I can not comment on wheel hop or traction. Also I have ever all 3 mounts and coilovers so my experience will be different than most.

·
Registered
222 Posts
are any of the vendors carrying it yet or do we have to get it from C-pe directly? I have the driver's side 55 mount on its way and just saw that this is available

·
Registered
240 Posts
are any of the vendors carrying it yet or do we have to get it from C-pe directly? I have the driver's side 55 mount on its way and just saw that this is available
When I talked to them yesterday they said there was only 1 that existed and they had it at Carlisle Ford Nationals. So it might be a few weeks before they even have them to ship I would guess, let alone distribute to the vendors.

·
Registered
222 Posts
When I talked to them yesterday they said there was only 1 that existed and they had it at Carlisle Ford Nationals. So it might be a few weeks before they even have them to ship I would guess, let alone distribute to the vendors.
Okay gotcha. thanks for the info

181 - 200 of 214 Posts