^ 2nd that

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks awesome!

·
Super Moderator
6,640 Posts
Still waiting semi-patiently on the turbo kit...hint...hint...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
"Coming soon," means clear your schedules and get your bank account ready for August 2015.....

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nice! I'm putting this on my short list. The cp-e stage2 RMM was one of the first mods I did, and it exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to more information about your PSMM and DSMM.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just installed the cp-e stage 2 RMM and it is amazing. This may sound dumb but its obvious that the RMM was a weak point but do these mounts just stiffen it up more? Kind of just add on to the already great RMM? I imagine NVH with all three mounts might be a little rough. I could be wrong though. Def looking forward to more information on these.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just installed the cp-e stage 2 RMM and it is amazing. This may sound dumb but its obvious that the RMM was a weak point but do these mounts just stiffen it up more? Kind of just add on to the already great RMM? I imagine NVH with all three mounts might be a little rough. I could be wrong though. Def looking forward to more information on these.
I've been looking into all the motor mounts, though I know some others might be able to shed more light since they already have mounts that are already on the market, but NVH is a problem if you don't upgrade all the remaining mounts since there will be a weak point that isn't able to keep up with the rigid contact points. After all the mounts break in, NVH should subside but it is definitely higher than stock. Even after I upgraded to a stage 2 RMM from cp-e I still have some wheel hop but no more shift bang, with these remaining mounts I hope to rid myself of any remaining wheel hop.

·
Super Moderator
6,640 Posts
I've been looking into all the motor mounts, though I know some others might be able to shed more light since they already have mounts that are already on the market, but NVH is a problem if you don't upgrade all the remaining mounts since there will be a weak point that isn't able to keep up with the rigid contact points. After all the mounts break in, NVH should subside but it is definitely higher than stock. Even after I upgraded to a stage 2 RMM from cp-e I still have some wheel hop but no more shift bang, with these remaining mounts I hope to rid myself of any remaining wheel hop.
Passenger side and driver's side mounts do stiffen it up more; the factory passenger side mount is almost as much of a joke as the factory lower (pre TSB). I have both turbo tech side mounts and the NVH is there, but the car feels solid.

Even with all the mounts done there is still some wheel hop to be had at times, but not much, it can be avoided with practice. When the street is moist it will still hop and I have found on concert roads I still get some hop under very hard acceleration. There is still some flex in the front end bushings allowing hop to occur. Stiffer bushings with all the mounts will be the final fix.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Passenger side and driver's side mounts do stiffen it up more; the factory passenger side mount is almost as much of a joke as the factory lower (pre TSB). I have both turbo tech side mounts and the NVH is there, but the car feels solid.

Even with all the mounts done there is still some wheel hop to be had at times, but not much, it can be avoided with practice. When the street is moist it will still hop and I have found on concert roads I still get some hop under very hard acceleration. There is still some flex in the front end bushings allowing hop to occur. Stiffer bushings with all the mounts will be the final fix.
All 3 mounts will stiffen up, BUT since we use a rubber composite, EPDM, in our bushings rather than urethane, the NVH, after break in, will barely be noticeable. At any rate, it is a good idea to upgrade the other 2 mounts if you have an upgraded RMM, The movement will go to the path of least resistance. Movement on the side mounts will not increase dramatically, but it will increase thus causing extra stress on them.
The wheel hop you are experiencing is most likely your tires. Stock tires can only grip so much. Of course there are other factors, but if you get better tires you will see the wheel hop significantly decrease. ddfred is on point with his explanations also. Like I said it's a number of factors.
Here is the driver side mount
Focus-DSMM.jpg

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
All 3 mounts will stiffen up, BUT since we use a rubber composite, EPDM, in our bushings rather than urethane, the NVH, after break in, will barely be noticeable. At any rate, it is a good idea to upgrade the other 2 mounts if you have an upgraded RMM, The movement will go to the path of least resistance. Movement on the side mounts will not increase dramatically, but it will increase thus causing extra stress on them.
The wheel hop you are experiencing is most likely your tires. Stock tires can only grip so much. Of course there are other factors, but if you get better tires you will see the wheel hop significantly decrease. ddfred is on point with his explanations also. Like I said it's a number of factors.
Here is the driver side mount
View attachment 59854
Thanks for the explanation!

When should we expect these to go on sale? Group Buy? I'm way too excited about these.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the explanation!

When should we expect these to go on sale? Group Buy? I'm way too excited about these.
We have no timeline yet on either of the mounts, they will most likely be released at the same time though. We are still doing a few finishing touches on them

1 - 20 of 214 Posts