Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, did some searching but didn't exactly find what I'm looking for.

Have a 17 ST that will be staying mostly stock, at least for a year or 2 just to make sure everything's good. If I get an AP just for monitoring, and partially because I'll need it eventually, will this be detectable by Ford should it need to go in? I know a tune will, but I'll just use it for monitoring.

And 2nd, can I use a FiST AP on the FoST? Friend is selling one which is why I ask.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Yes.... The AP requires that you flash the cobb Stage 0 tune to work. The Stage 0 tune is essentially a copy of the stock map but it does require you to flash your ECU. If you take it to the dealership they could deny warranty because you technically aren't running the stock map. I believe that there are available ODB readers that you can use to monitor your PIDs without an ECU flash. You might want to look into those options if you are that concerned.

Edit: No. I am fairly certain that you cannot use a FiST AP even if it is unmarried from the original vehicle. You need a FoST AP.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why dish out all that cash on a AP when you can get a 2 dollar ELM 327 Bluetooth adapter and a free Torque app to do the same.. When you decide to tune, then get the AP.
I have those already, AP is just a good deal from a friend and something I'll buy eventually anyways. Think I'll be holding off though.
Yes.... The AP requires that you flash the cobb Stage 0 tune to work. The Stage 0 tune is essentially a copy of the stock map but it does require you to flash your ECU. If you take it to the dealership they could deny warranty because you technically aren't running the stock map. I believe that there are available ODB readers that you can use to monitor your PIDs without an ECU flash. You might want to look into those options if you are that concerned.

Edit: No. I am fairly certain that you cannot use a FiST AP even if it is unmarried from the original vehicle. You need a FoST AP.
Makes that decision easier, I'll save that for later then.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
123 Posts

Like someone stated above the fist ap will work. Delete the fist tunes off, download fost tunes and done.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts

Thanks for the info, I was not aware that they were the same. That is useful info to know.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
@04zts looks like you CAN use the AP as long as it was uninstalled from the FiST.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts