Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok if you had read my other new post, I was installing a Redline strut kit and a hood stud broke on me, Ive been looking and waiting to see if anyone found a reasonable way to fix it. But beyond that I found a brand new fresh primed hood ready for paint for 250 bucks, I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what it'd cost to have Ford or another body shop match the paint to the car? Cost ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I was going to have my hood re-painted, I was quoted at $400. That included sanding it down and everything though, so it may vary.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I'd say $400 is a pretty good bet. I paid $425 this winter to have my bumper cover painted after my little canopy mishap last summer. I stripped everything off and gave them just the bumper cover to repair and respray. The real key for you is going to be how much prep they need to do to the hood that you're giving them to paint.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I found replacement factory hoods for 250 electroprimed so they are ready to be scratched and painted..(ie scratch I mean that presanding when you scuff up a smooth surface to help the paint adhere. But all I would need them to do is match my factory paint code and paint it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
GotAFoSTnSpeed6
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing