Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a few things on order and I talked to a local performance shop about cost to install and I am not sure if it's a crazy price or decent. To install the Mountune 275, some various mountune tubing, R&D exhaust, front strut bar, and before & after Dyno they said around $900. Seems a little much but I'm honestly not sure. I'm having them do the install since I want to keep the warranty for the Mountune 275. Thoughts?

Eric

·
Registered
455 Posts
So I have a few things on order and I talked to a local performance shop about cost to install and I am not sure if it's a crazy price or decent. To install the Mountune 275, some various mountune tubing, R&D exhaust, front strut bar, and before & after Dyno they said around $900. Seems a little much but I'm honestly not sure. I'm having them do the install since I want to keep the warranty for the Mountune 275. Thoughts?

Eric
Find an ASE certified mechanic and pay him or her to do it on the side.. much much cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The before and after Dyno is what you are probably getting bagged on. Those aren't cheap from what I have seen online looking. Plus 70-100 an hour to install the parts. Depending on how long it takes and your exact part list it could make sense.

Edit: Since you aren't installing it at a Ford shop to keep warranty, I'd do most of that yourself if you have any tools and car ramps. You could probably buy the few tools you need and the ramps for under $400, probably $200 if you really tried and didn't buy Snap-On. Lots of videos and help around here, and it's nice to know it's done right, while learning something new. Fair amount of members in TX that might be up to helping a member out for some beer or a little cash on the side....and they might have the tools you need. A Dyno is a unique piece of equipment most people don't personally own, so a shop for that is the only option really.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The before and after Dyno is what you are probably getting bagged on. Those aren't cheap from what I have seen online looking. Plus 70-100 an hour to install the parts. Depending on how long it takes and your exact part list it could make sense.

Edit: Since you aren't installing it at a Ford shop to keep warranty, I'd do most of that yourself if you have any tools and car ramps. You could probably buy the few tools you need and the ramps for under $400, probably $200 if you really tried and didn't buy Snap-On. Lots of videos and help around here, and it's nice to know it's done right, while learning something new. Fair amount of members in TX that might be up to helping a member out for some beer or a little cash on the side....and they might have the tools you need. A Dyno is a unique piece of equipment most people don't personally own, so a shop for that is the only option really.
Doesnt have to be done at a ford shop, mountune can also do the install as well as any ase certified mechanic. Doesnt even have to be at a shop, the install could be done in your driveway as long as an ase certified mech is doing the install you're good to go..

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Doesnt have to be done at a ford shop, mountune can also do the install as well as any ase certified mechanic. Doesnt even have to be at a shop, the install could be done in your driveway as long as an ase certified mech is doing the install you're good to go..

I figured mountune could do it, but I didn't think they'd let someone come do it at your place, but a mobile mechanic is a legit thing, I just never thought of it. Thanks for that little pearl!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I figured mountune could do it, but I didn't think they'd let someone come do it at your place, but a mobile mechanic is a legit thing, I just never thought of it. Thanks for that little pearl!
Yea no problem.. All they need to valid the warranty is vin number, part install repair order and date, ford performance part number and your contact info. They being Ford..

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to check around a bit but I appreciate the info. I figured the Dyno part was a big part of cost just want really sure.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ford dealers around NYC quoted between $700 - $900 to install the MP275 and some never heard of it, (this was back in 2015.
A place that specializing in Subaru's (used to bring my car subie there) quoted $350.

Called Randy @ MT and he said we charge $350 for the install, so if your getting other items and a Dyno, your quote might not be that bad!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts