Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place or not but I was looking to buy the e focus rmm for my 2016 st because its well priced and I heard it performs well. Can anyone tell me if the one in the picture is the correct one or not? If not can you point me in the right direction. Thank you
image.png

·
Administrator
12,283 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place or not but I was looking to buy the e focus rmm for my 2016 st because its well priced and I heard it performs well. Can anyone tell me if the one in the picture is the correct one or not? If not can you point me in the right direction. Thank you View attachment 385704
The 2014-2018 Focus ST is OEM equipped with this mount, and despite being better than the 2013 mount, is still crap.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,382 Posts
That mount worked great on my 2013 Mazda 3 with about 100 less hp. 😁

A lot of aftermarket one are stiff and vibrate. I've got a innovative solutions 60 duro and really like it, but I don't drive it hard all the time.
The car had a cobb gen2 on it when I bought it and that was a bit too much for me.

If you're wanting to drive it hard, a 75 maybe a good compromise.

I will say some of the vibrations I experienced were due to the hot melt glue turning loose on the headliner reinforcement around the sunroof. I got some of the best gorilla construction adhesive that fixed it, that comes in the caulk gun tube. You have to work reasonably quick.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,995 Posts
@MtnMan i have the 75a and its not even noticeable anymore. Great mount.

Also have the exact same glue joint headliner rattle. I've been meaning to fix it.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,382 Posts
I might have to get the 75 insert and try it.

The gorilla stuff is off white, so have to be careful since the headliner is black.
I followed the brace glue job up with some liquid nails fuze product that was gray, just to hold the headliner fabric edges down without having to pull it out. I used binder clips to hold the fabric down while it cured. Looks a little messy from the top with sunroof open, but can't see it from the inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts