Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ST friends

I got my ST XTA coilovers installed a few months ago. Last week, I put Titan T-R10 (18x9 wheels) with a 255/35 Michelin PSS tire setup. I'm now looking to get a corner balance done, but I am curious if any of you fellow ST friends have any recommendations for me or specs for a good setup. I'm using this setup as a street car, with a 1-2 day track session per month. I live in the PA roads, so I can treat them like it's Nurburgring out there. I did get camber arms for the rear. Any input would be appreciated!

Also going to start posting my car build on here, so always open for suggestions

Registered
@gemery & @freakin_elrod ? I have never corner balanced my car... I just 'guestimate' for offset and hope for the best, lol.

PA roads with long uphill & downhill curves are epic IMHO. Definitely need something stable/planted if you're really pushing the car around such various levels of grip @ speed. This is a good question, and I've read some specs on here... I just can't remember exactly where in order to link the thread for you hoss. I hope you get it sorted out proper!

Registered
@gemery & @freakin_elrod ? I have never corner balanced my car... I just 'guestimate' for offset and hope for the best, lol.

PA roads with long uphill & downhill curves are epic IMHO. Definitely need something stable/planted if you're really pushing the car around such various levels of grip @ speed. This is a good question, and I've read some specs on here... I just can't remember exactly where in order to link the thread for you hoss. I hope you get it sorted out proper!
This might be a good place to start:

Registered

I chose not to corner balance the car as it often leads to uneven ride heights, but rather lower the car relatively even all around, while maintaining proper droop travel of the suspension. I also added some toe out up front to allow for better turn-in response, and of course properly biased spring rates.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

Registered

@kgh's link is good. Mainly you're aiming to get the diagonal splits to be equal when corner balancing. Don't forget to put your weight in the driver's seat and disconnect the swaybars. The shop that does mine gets the diagonals within a pound or two. Worth noting that I autox with a full fuel tank to avoid fuel slosh, so my corner balance is done with a full fuel tank rather than the more conventional half tank.

Corner balancing definitely helps to equalize left and right turns. I'm not particularly worried about uneven ride heights since we're not allowed a front splitter or ground effects in STH. I've not experienced uneven ride heights, at least not within my powers to accurately measure, however my front alignment becomes asymmetrical. My droop travel with the stiff front swaybar is probably lacking [edit: one wheel droop]... suspension is always about compromises, especially with McPherson struts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts