Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Copy of instrument panel cluster files

8K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Bijay 
#1 ·
I've spent a great deal of time researching the updates to the instrument panel cluster (IPC) that endow early build (2013 models, mostly) with the updated "quad screen" display. Armed with Focccus, Forscan, and a usb ELM-327 with MSCAN switch, I would like to do this myself. However, I am having the hardest time downloading what I assume is the key vbf file: BM5T-14C026-BU.

I can download many other files through ford at the website linked in the many threads here and on focusfantatics, but for some reason the Ford site is not producing the BU file.

Among the many threads over the last few years, it seemed that some members were able to get this file. Any chance someone still has it?

#7 ·
Hmm strange. I unzipped it again and the correct file appeared this time. Awesome!

Next challenge: Figuring out what EEPROM file name corresponds to 24.133. Mine reads 22.131, and according to FoCCCus is CM5T-14C026-LB

The Ford site does not give a copy of this EEPROM file, nor my Jan 2013 HW of CM5T-14C226-BA. I don't think I want to attempt an IPC update until I have backup copies of this. Does anyone know if FoCCCus or FORScan can grab a copy of these off my own IPC before attempting anything?

#13 ·
Well since I have been unsuccessful in this thread, I might have to take a few risky steps to move forward. I've been searching through what scarce information I've been able to find on other forums, and I'm fairly confident that the files I currently have loaded on my IPC aren't available through the Ford site because they've been superseded by newer ones, and this goes for the BU firmware as well.

After reading through the 2016 thread at Focusfanatics here, I am considering trying to flash the following combination:

BM5T-14C026-ACC — Pictures / Sounds / Quad Layout
BM5T-14C026-BBB - Base Firmware
BM5T-14C026-AKC - Calibration / EEPROM (US version)

All of these are still readily downloadable from Ford.

There was also mention of flashing CM5T-14C318-AD for some sort of signal calibration. The non-ST folks had done some experimentation to get their speedometers to read accurately and I have never seen anything ST-specific in those conversations and whether that affects which calibration file to select. I noticed in our epic FoCCCus thread that @jdub1981 had CM5T-14C318-AC in his early 2013 build, making me wonder if this could be ST-specific for the pre-facelift 160mph cluster (as opposed to the 150mph cluster found in Non-ST pre-facelift models).

My second concern with following the flashing solution of the non-ST guys is the presence of the ST logo in the IPC screen before startup, which is something I would like to have. I have a theory that these graphics may be included in the updated pictures file (ACC) and the file is universal to all models, but the logo is only triggered if the BCM or Sync APIM tells the IPC that it's an ST (similar to how late SYNC 3 versions have the graphics for multiple splash screens in memory, Ford Lincoln, ST Performance, etc., and a simple hex code determines which one is used), but that's just a shot in the dark theory on my part.

So that's the direction I'm leaning toward: using ACC, BBB, AKC, and maybe one of the calibration files. @sdgros01 , are you still able to check at work what the true latest files should be for my 2013 ST?

#14 ·
Also if I might add another way to help: Could anyone with a late 2014 model, or any pre-facelift that had the IPC software update performed no earlier than late 2014, scan their IPC with FoCCCus and list which specific file combo they have? This is more informative than putting the cluster in debug mode, which doesn't tell you all of the relevant files loaded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.