Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a coolant leak on a 2013 Focus ST.

The engine pan under the engine is dry. The leak is further back near where the exhaust bend/downpipe is.

If you look under the car where the jack goes (behind the front wheel), thats where the leak is.

The leak is on the right hand side towards the centre. The side pan is quite wet.

Any ideas what it could be?

I detected this after a smell started coming from my AC vents - and eventually a white smoke/steam that almost smelt like it was burning. I pulled over and the coolant was extremely low. I think I had to put about 4 litres in to get the car home. No warning lights came on. Air started to go cold again but the leak is still dripping.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ive got a coolant leak on a 2013 Focus ST.

The engine pan under the engine is dry. The leak is further back near where the exhaust bend/downpipe is.

If you look under the car where the jack goes (behind the front wheel), thats where the leak is.

The leak is on the right hand side towards the centre. The side pan is quite wet.

Any ideas what it could be?

I detected this after a smell started coming from my AC vents - and eventually a white smoke/steam that almost smelt like it was burning. I pulled over and the coolant was extremely low. I think I had to put about 4 litres in to get the car home. No warning lights came on. Air started to go cold again but the leak is still dripping.
Sounds like a coolant line on the turbo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts