Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to verify im looking at the right thing, and if i need to add any other parts to my order.

So if you look at my sig, my ST has over 100k miles. Currently sitting at 111,xxx. In an attempt to be pro-active, and slowly start my build, i'm looking to address my hoses and belts.

Is this the only thing i need to change all the hoses in the cooling system?: mountune Ultra high-performance ancillary coolant kit Focus ST 2013-2014 Coolant hose upgrade Ford Focus ST

Do i need to buy anything from the dealer? Do i need this as well?: mountune coolant hose Focus ST High Performance coolant hose radiator hose

Also, in regards to belts, besides the obvious one i see when i look at the motor, how many do we have? Anything else you guys recommend besides hoses and belts?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I just need to verify im looking at the right thing, and if i need to add any other parts to my order.

So if you look at my sig, my ST has over 100k miles. Currently sitting at 111,xxx. In an attempt to be pro-active, and slowly start my build, i'm looking to address my hoses and belts.

Is this the only thing i need to change all the hoses in the cooling system?: mountune Ultra high-performance ancillary coolant kit Focus ST 2013-2014 Coolant hose upgrade Ford Focus ST

Do i need to buy anything from the dealer? Do i need this as well?: mountune coolant hose Focus ST High Performance coolant hose radiator hose

Also, in regards to belts, besides the obvious one i see when i look at the motor, how many do we have? Anything else you guys recommend besides hoses and belts?
I believe there are a few lines to the oil cooler that you'd need if you want to cover the bases.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

If you haven't done so, you should probably think about changing transmission fluid and for sure do brake/clutch fluid. There is only one serpentine belt on most modern cars nowadays. You may want to inspect the timing chain for wear or have it inspected by a qualified mechanic. If it goes bye-bye, your heads and pistons are a goner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts