Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was hoping PSS were going to be on sale but alas, they have not been. I picked up a set of 245/40/18. For $150 a tire. I think these should be better than the stock ones. Saving 200$ on a set vs PSS is a bonus. Anybody have any reviews on These tires?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've heard good things. Similar traction to MPSS but they don't last as long.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I use the DWS version in winters on my ST as well as my STi when I owned it. I also switch our family vehicles over to the DWS tires as soon as possible. I think the DWS's are very good all seasons and give up only a little performance (aggressive street driving). I've heard that the DW is a step above for traction. Nice thing with these tires is the wet/rain handling. The best I've driven on in the rain.

·
Registered
200 Posts
DW and DWS are different animals.

To OP - they will be different not necessarily better than OEM. Better comfort but worse steering feel, probably.
Just IMHO.

Krzys

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have the DWS06. They are pretty awesome. But yes, the initial steering turn in is not like the F1. But overall I like the DWS06 better.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Excellent tire for the money. Super wet traction and, for me, they maintain their hydroplane resistance right down till they're almost completely bald. Also, the best wearing summer tires I've tried. I was getting 40K per set on my SRT4. That's 10k more than any other tire I tried including all seasons. That being said, I wouldn't compare them to the Super Sports, the PSS are in a different class as far as dry handling goes, but you got to pay to play. If you're looking for a good handling, good wearing tire for a good price then I think you've found it, just don't expect MPSS levels of ultimate grip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts