Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I posted the other week about my cars 4th cylinder misfiring. Now I'm in another pickle. After replacing the entire long block because they told me my 91 octane tune melted the piston and scored the cylinder walls and paying $5600, I got my car back. And day 2 it started shaking and blinking engine light briefly on the way home from work. The car is currently moddless and I'm kinda relieved this happened because it means they did not fix the problem and blamed my tune when that's not the case anymore.

Does anyone know the best number or email I can use to reach the best Ford reps to help me with this. I don't feel like I can take it back to the dealership cause they will say oh let's see what else that tuner messed up.

If I end up with another burned up piston is it wrong to feel I should get my money back from the long block I paid for?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think Ford will not help you.
Your problem is actually with the dealer who did the work.
If you are unhappy with the work, and will not go back to that dealer you are SOL as far as I can tell.
The Better Business Bureau may be a place to vent.
But the only folks who can do anything without just paying a lot more money IS that dealer.
The repair does have a guarantee...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They returned everything to stock. And put the car back under warranty. I just don't see how it's the tune to blame now that it's happening on basically a new motor

·
Registered
407 Posts
If the entire longblock got replaced I kind of doubt the same issue happened again. Longblock is obviously new pistons, crank, piston cooling jets but then also head/cams and head includes the HP fuel pump and DI injectors. So unless there is maybe a PCM issue? or maybe a cooling issue? I don't think it's a same issue.

My guess is it's a fluke with the new longblock that they need to fix or they messed up the install somehow. Either way, best bet is to go back there unfortunately. If they messed up they are the ones that will need to fix it.
And now your VIN is on file with Ford that a tune probably blew your motor so any additional issues unfortunately, as you stated, they will maybe relate to the tune whether that's what caused it or not. That's the risk taken when you tune.

BUT, they did tell you since the car is back to stock they will place it back under warranty so hopefully any issues from here on out will be under warranty and this one would be included.

Hopefully it's a dealer issues with the install and they fix it for free.

·
Registered
651 Posts
If the entire longblock got replaced I kind of doubt the same issue happened again. Longblock is obviously new pistons, crank, piston cooling jets but then also head/cams and head includes the HP fuel pump and DI injectors. So unless there is maybe a PCM issue? or maybe a cooling issue? I don't think it's a same issue.

My guess is it's a fluke with the new longblock that they need to fix or they messed up the install somehow. Either way, best bet is to go back there unfortunately. If they messed up they are the ones that will need to fix it.
And now your VIN is on file with Ford that a tune probably blew your motor so any additional issues unfortunately, as you stated, they will maybe relate to the tune whether that's what caused it or not. That's the risk taken when you tune.

BUT, they did tell you since the car is back to stock they will place it back under warranty so hopefully any issues from here on out will be under warranty and this one would be included.

Hopefully it's a dealer issues with the install and they fix it for free.
This. Take her back to the dealer that did the work ASAP and let them know whats going on. As far as getting your money back, I highly doubt it. Keep us posted.

Reactions: LuckyWelds
1 - 7 of 7 Posts