Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm considering a new exhaust in place of my MBRP. I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. I want it to be loud, gurgly, raspy, and to not drone at freeway cruising speeds. Drone is subjective so as long as it doesn't induce headaches then I will be fine.

I'm looking at the Roush and the Flowmaster based on sound and price.

My other option is to modify my MBRP. I have an aeroturbine front muffler right now in place of the original MBRP muffler and wondered if a Flowmaster muffler or something else would liven up the sound. I would consider removing either the muffler or resonator as long as the drone won't drive me nuts.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Have you modified the downpipe at all? An Injen exhaust is pretty loud and has great character. With the stock downpipe it doesn't really drone. There definitely was some with my catless downpipe but it wasn't unbearable until I went big turbo.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you modified the downpipe at all? An Injen exhaust is pretty loud and has great character. With the stock downpipe it doesn't really drone. There definitely was some with my catless downpipe but it wasn't unbearable until I went big turbo.
I have the stock DP. The Injen is a bit more than I want to spend. Looks like its about $700.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The MBRP is decent as far as loudness, but left me wanting more.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
The MBRP is decent as far as loudness, but left me wanting more.

Agency power? I hear it's freaking LOUD and has the triple tip that's oh so unique. I think it's like 700 also so that's a negative.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I was looking in the $600 range. I like the Roush and the Flowmaster.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
371 Posts
My Roush droned anything over 70mph on the Highway and same deal with my catless setup. only way to get loud without the drone is to get an exhaust cut out

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drone is subjective. Some think the MBRP i have drones, but I don't. I came from an un-resonated Honda which droned like a banshee.

Reactions: Bradley

·
Registered
371 Posts
Drone is subjective. Some think the MBRP i have drones, but I don't. I came from an un-resonated Honda which droned like a banshee.

Then Roush is the one you want! I recommend picking up Cobb hangers too if you get it

Reactions: HBGeek

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't need the Cobb hangers for the MBRP, but this time around I will get them.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I didn't need the Cobb hangers for the MBRP, but this time around I will get them.

Mine had this habit of slowly moving towards the left and would burn the crap out of my bumper. After i installed the Cobb hangers it kept it in place!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Mine had this habit of slowly moving towards the left and would burn the crap out of my bumper. After i installed the Cobb hangers it kept it in place!
Left as in Driver's or Passenger's side? Mine keeps shifting to the passengers side and I have had the Cobb hangers just no time to get them installed so they are sitting on my nightstand.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Left as in Driver's or Passenger's side? Mine keeps shifting to the passengers side and I have had the Cobb hangers just no time to get them installed so they are sitting on my nightstand.
My Bad I meant right as passenger side! Friday mind going on haha Cobb hangers helped aton and I have very minimal movement!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
My Bad I meant right as passenger side! Friday mind going on haha Cobb hangers helped aton and I have very minimal movement!
The front 2 are going to be a mighty b**ch to swap for me I think, but the rear two I could honestly do on my back on the ground I think so I should just swap them tonight to see if it helps. I didn't even think about it burning the bumper.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The front 2 are going to be a mighty b**ch to swap for me I think, but the rear two I could honestly do on my back on the ground I think so I should just swap them tonight to see if it helps. I didn't even think about it burning the bumper.
yeah I did it by myself on jack stands and was wrestling to get it placed.

IMG_7027.JPG

I drive alot in a day one way is an hour. so if it moves during the drive I can not do anything about it. plus it sat on the bumper during a very long autocross day

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
yeah I did it by myself on jack stands and was wrestling to get it placed.

View attachment 230905

I drive alot in a day one way is an hour. so if it moves during the drive I can not do anything about it. plus it sat on the bumper during a very long autocross day
Holy hell is that bumper damage I see from the exhaust? D; it pains me

·
Registered
371 Posts
Holy hell is that bumper damage I see from the exhaust? D; it pains me
Yup, they did not get along too well. no worries I have it all clean up now! I bought the carbon fiber trim piece, its all covered up! So to OP spend the money up front for the hangers!!

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Yup, they did not get along too well. no worries I have it all clean up now! I bought the carbon fiber trim piece, its all covered up! So to OP spend the money up front for the hangers!!
Saturday afternoon I cleaned out and detailed the inside of my car (not worth detailing the outside because I have a dirt lane/driveway that was so dry and dusty it was ridiculous..) and went ahead and took my shirt off for the project. Spent a good hour or so detailing then got the bright idea of laying down on my back and trying to change out the rear 2 hangers for the Cobb ones since I still need to..makes sense right?

Needless-to-say today I sit here at work with a little slice in my back from laying down behind my car and shifting overtop of a little piece of glass or something in the driveway and I'm quite sunburnt on my back. Hahaha oh, and couldn't get the hangers off lying on my back. Stockers are too tightly on there. Smh

1 - 20 of 35 Posts