Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure I am looking at the ST3 from what I am seeing in the car. Leather Recaro seats, sub in trunk, heated seats,and etc... Anyway car has 45,000 miles and 3 previous owners. I am new to the ST, but not new to Ford. I have owned many Mustangs over the years.

1. What is a fair price to pay for this car? (Also what was MSRP new? I am seeing 28K when searching, but wondering if accurate.)
2. What are the main things I need to inspect on this car?
3. What are common issues?
4. Any things I should look for to tell me if it has been modded or tuned in the past? At first look I noticed mud flaps all around, but are the stock or aftermarket?
5. Anything else you want to share will be greatly appreciated.

Drove it and looked tonight and I am going back tomorrow (Saturday) to possible see what I can do with it as far a purchasing if I get the info from here to convince me. ha

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am pretty sure I am looking at the ST3 from what I am seeing in the car. Leather Recaro seats, sub in trunk, heated seats,and etc... Anyway car has 45,000 miles and 3 previous owners. I am new to the ST, but not new to Ford. I have owned many Mustangs over the years.

1. What is a fair price to pay for this car? (Also what was MSRP new? I am seeing 28K when searching, but wondering if accurate.)
2. What are the main things I need to inspect on this car?
3. What are common issues?
4. Any things I should look for to tell me if it has been modded or tuned in the past? At first look I noticed mud flaps all around, but are the stock or aftermarket?
5. Anything else you want to share will be greatly appreciated.

Drove it and looked tonight and I am going back tomorrow (Saturday) to possible see what I can do with it as far a purchasing if I get the info from here to convince me. ha

Thanks in advance.
Hey i just got one 2013 st3 with 11k. I paid almost 20k in great condition.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey i just got one 2013 st3 with 11k. I paid almost 20k in great condition.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I didn't get this one as of yet due to issues I have posted about over in the maintenance area...

It was a 2013 ST3 with 45,000 miles. Priced at 18K, but sat on lot for over a month and now asking price is 16,500 online. They are saying bottom price, but if I get it they will have to come down as it has some issues. At least they are replacing the clutch though...

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2013 st2. perfect shape, no mods. screaming tangerine. just sits in garage, don't drive it. 44,000 miles just decided I wanted to sell it yesterday. $17,500. new Michelin sport cup tires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but I am really looking for an ST3. Also to I am looking at 2013 ST3's for 16,000-16,500 at dealerships. So I would expect same or less pricing from private party.

·
Registered
162 Posts
We bought a 2013 TS ST3 plus moon roof and Nav 25000 16500 before taxes. Op your car had the owners, do the car fax to see how long between owners. These cars meant to be driven, depends on how they were driven. Ours was one owner and you could of Eaten off the motor and interior but... Ya never know. You pay to play and take your chances ???

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have a 13 ST3 Tangerine with 33,000 miles every option but a moon roof and I have added a clear bra and the same film over the entire hood. Ceramic window tint for heat reflection a California car cover Redline hood lift struts and new cooper CS3 all season tires last summer the car has been garaged since new and was stored the first 3 winters as it had the stock summer tires and I had a second car for winter driving. I sold the winter car last summer when I replaced the tires on the ST it was in need of repairs that I was not willing to pay for on a car that I only drove a few months a year. I love this car and was planning to keep it for ever but left knee pain and impending surgery are forcing me to sell it and get a car with an automatic. I will be putting it up for sell for $17,000 I think that is a fair price for a one owner ST never tracked I also have 2 extra stock wheels that I bought from a member that put after market wheels on his ST.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We bought a 2013 TS ST3 plus moon roof and Nav 25000 16500 before taxes. Op your car had the owners, do the car fax to see how long between owners. These cars meant to be driven, depends on how they were driven. Ours was one owner and you could of Eaten off the motor and interior but... Ya never know. You pay to play and take your chances ???
Yeah it wan't the cleanest and had some issues uncovered and the dealer still tried to say there were nothing so I walked in fear of not only what I knew, but what I didn't know and didn't want to find out. haha

I have a 13 ST3 Tangerine with 33,000 miles every option but a moon roof and I have added a clear bra and the same film over the entire hood. Ceramic window tint for heat reflection a California car cover Redline hood lift struts and new cooper CS3 all season tires last summer the car has been garaged since new and was stored the first 3 winters as it had the stock summer tires and I had a second car for winter driving. I sold the winter car last summer when I replaced the tires on the ST it was in need of repairs that I was not willing to pay for on a car that I only drove a few months a year. I love this car and was planning to keep it for ever but left knee pain and impending surgery are forcing me to sell it and get a car with an automatic. I will be putting it up for sell for $17,000 I think that is a fair price for a one owner ST never tracked I also have 2 extra stock wheels that I bought from a member that put after market wheels on his ST.
I hate you are in OH as that is just to far for me to travel unless it was just a great deal. You 17K is a fair deal and what they are going for local as I am finding them for 15500-17000 local. So if you were throwing it out there at 15,000-16000 I might be more willing to discuss making a trip there. Once I factor in 1 way air and time off work to drive back I am out another 500+ on top of purchase price. Thanks for putting it out there though.

·
Registered
405 Posts
ST/Mustang I just stopped by the dealership that I bought my 16 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker from and test drove the first Challenger GT AWD they got. I decided that the car I replaced the ST with would be automatic and AWD as I have never owned an AWD car and on dry pavement the ST would out run the GT no problem. But on the cold wet road that had my ST loosing traction with just moderate throttle acceleration the GT would not spin a wheel with the AWD engaged and I like the all the controls and buttons are the same as my other Challenger. They offered me $16,000 for my ST so that and the $1,100 or so I will save on the sales tax will add up to the $17,000 I was wanting for the ST so I think I will be trading the ST and ordering a Challenger GT by the end of the month to lock in the trade in price and the $2,250 rebate from dodge. I hope you find a good deal and get an ST soon they are great handling turbo hot hatches and if not for my Knee trouble I would keep mine till the end of time. 20160929_002355.jpg 20160929_002409.jpg DSC03307.JPG 20160522_194827.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
FYI the 3/14/14 Production date has all the updated motor mounts and spring ( front) configuration. I've owned both. The later model 14 ST is a sweet spot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts