Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Our 2010 fusion had the pcm go bad around 65k miles. It would start cutting fuel for some reason as you were driving and the engine would quit while you were driving normally. Luckily they said it was covered under an 80k warranty. It took them FOREVER to diagnose it and finally replace it though since they triple checked everything else first. Of course it was backordered and took another week after they ordered it to get reinstalled. Then they had me sign some waiver that i wouldn't bad mouth them because they were giving me like 1500 in labor for free since it took them so long to diagnose it. I was not happy with that part, but we finally got it sorted out without any cost to us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealer can see if your vehicle has been previously modified. He showed me, 7 times I've changed my tune lol.. I have a good relationship with my service tech. However I don't tune my car in the winter because the boost so early is terrible in snowy weather. They replaced my harness with no tune installed, got it back still didn't install a tune. And had issues..

That's literally to a tee what is happening to my car.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
I had to do this on my 93 LX 5.0 recently.

Then again that PCM/ECM was 20 years old.

Guess they don't make them like they used to!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealer ordered PCM under warranty. Now remember I've had computer issues before so that's why he overlooked me tuning my vehicle, also he said that he uses Cobb products and hasn't had issues yet, probably just a bad part. Can't wait to get my car back. Miss it :(

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
So my PCM fried, I unfortunately told Ford I did have a tune. Well its obvious cause of the huge turbo, pipes, pulleys, ect. they want to charge me 2,800 for the whole thing including install. I found a PCM on Fordparts for 500. Should I just order the part myself and bring it to them?

·
Registered
5,568 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I found one but it has a s/n of cm5a-12a650-anh verse cm5a-12a650-aph so the one ending in ANH won't work on my vehicle being that I pulled the one from mine ending in APH

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I found one but it has a s/n of cm5a-12a650-anh verse cm5a-12a650-aph so the one ending in ANH won't work on my vehicle being that I pulled the one from mine ending in APH
looking at the picture in post #29, that should be your "part number" or P/N.

a "serial number" or S/N should never have a perfect match, as they are usually numbered sequentially as they are built similar to a VIN.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts