Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI I had a my car at Ford for 3 Weeks for a faulty PCM, the car was towed in due to no start. I was unable to remove Tune, Ford Motor questioned if car was Tuned, dealership who knew told Ford Motor "No"...... The dealership replaced PCM under warranty, they are awesome!!!! If you work with a Mod friendly dealership, I believe it makes a Big difference....... Has anyone had or heard of a complete failure like this???

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
my kids' mom is a complete failure like that. never had a pcm crap out but I know it happens

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Curious, do you know how much the PCM costs?

·
Registered
604 Posts
That is freakin awesome news OP! Glad it worked out for you!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer price on PCM was $538.00........

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I'll wait till one shows up on eBay.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
3,616 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Can you run one ECU with a tune, then swap back to the original stock ECU when you go in for service?

Reactions: burning eagle

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you run one ECU with a tune, then swap back to the original stock ECU when you go in for service?
That's a Great Question???? Would love to hear a answer to that?????

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dealer had to replace my PCM after about 6000 miles when it was tripping faulty turbo boost and air sensor codes after they replaced all the sensors and engine harness.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My car has had so many issues with engine fault. My car is complete stage 3 however sense the last visit my car has zero tune installed on the vehicle. Drove in a rain storm and my car completely died.. Won't start, won't talk to my access port nothing. It's at the dealership, I'm not paying for a new PCM.i hope they replace it and fix my car. Tired of these issue. Love the car, not happy with ford.

By the way, my car has issue with moisture. It'll sometimes jump into limp mode ect, you think it could of been the PCM the whole time?

·
Registered
64 Posts
My car has had so many issues with engine fault. My car is complete stage 3 however sense the last visit my car has zero tune installed on the vehicle. Drove in a rain storm and my car completely died.. Won't start, won't talk to my access port nothing. It's at the dealership, I'm not paying for a new PCM.i hope they replace it and fix my car. Tired of these issue. Love the car, not happy with ford.

By the way, my car has issue with moisture. It'll sometimes jump into limp mode ect, you think it could of been the PCM the whole time?
Isn't the pcm located in the front bumper? Maybe the black case is cracked and moisture is getting in.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts