Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Unfortunately my motor blew last week and I need to get it swapped. I have sourced a motor but want to do the clutch while its out. The car is ar 120k km and its worth doing anyways.

I found out that a few weeks ago Ford DOUBLED the price of their flywheels, so I am going aftermarket.

I do not track the car and am most concerned about daily drivability.

I have found a great deal on Competition clutch clutches (lol), stage 2 and stage 3. Both full face clutches. I would normally go with stage 2, but stage 2 is out of stock everywhere around me so I need to wait to order, but I could get stage 3 in a few days and have the car back on the road ASAP. For those of you with these clutches, how are they for daily driving, and would stage 3 still be fine to daily?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Clutches are based on torque. If you're not going with a large turbo upgrade, going stage2/3 is overkill.

Whether something is good for daily driving, is very subjective. Chatter, rough engagement, additional noise, stiff pedal, etc... But #causeracecar, some folks tolerate it...

If it's just the flywheel that is expensive, why not just go with a Fidanza or ACT flywheel, and factory ford clutch? This is not a bad combo, again, if you're not going to a big turbo in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clutches are based on torque. If you're not going with a large turbo upgrade, going stage2/3 is overkill.

Whether something is good for daily driving, is very subjective. Chatter, rough engagement, additional noise, stiff pedal, etc... But #causeracecar, some folks tolerate it...

If it's just the flywheel that is expensive, why not just go with a Fidanza or ACT flywheel, and factory ford clutch? This is not a bad combo, again, if you're not going to a big turbo in the future.
the comp clutch stage 2 kit is a lightening flywheel and an organic full face clutch for $1000 CAD, their stage 2 is basically a stage 1 for anyone else. The stage 3 is also still a full face clutch, but with ceramic. For me its delivery. I need my car back on the road and these are my fasted options, they also happen to be the cheapest for quality parts. Why go stock if i can have some less rotation mass and have a grabbier clutch? I need advice from people who specifically own these kits and what they are like to drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts