Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my last engine build having Cometic make me a custom head gasket they decided to make them available. When I did the last 2.3 I sent them a gasket and had one made. They had no intention on producing them but after my second order they decided to produce them for the public. Part # is C15317-000 They come in many thicknesses and you will have to specify that by the last 3 digits. So example for a 0.066" gasket. C15317-066 Here are the sizes they come in. Custom Gaskets - Cometic Gaskets. They are 89mm bore btw.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Other than color.. both appear to be MLS ( Multi Layer Steel )... another example of paying for marketing jargon ?
LOL another example of someone commenting on things they know nothing about. The stock gasket is .030 thick and the cometic can be order in many thicknesses. They are used for lowering compression particularly in strokers where it goes to 10.6:1 with the stock gasket. They are also used to get more valve clearance with oversized valves and big cams instead of machining and potentially weakening pistons. That cometic gasket in the pic is twice the thickness as the stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts