Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the ST experience and relatively new to CO. I am in Colorado Springs and am wondering about some good roads that offer seclusion and curves for some spirited driving? Where are the areas, you don't have to profess your secret roads, which offer some close motoring but little speed enforcement and pedestrians?

The snow is just starting to fall so why not relive the warmer days when the snow tires aren't shod.

1) Where you go?
2) Why you like it?
3) Good place to eat?

·
Registered
593 Posts
New to the ST experience and relatively new to CO. I am in Colorado Springs and am wondering about some good roads that offer seclusion and curves for some spirited driving? Where are the areas, you don't have to profess your secret roads, which offer some close motoring but little speed enforcement and pedestrians?

The snow is just starting to fall so why not relive the warmer days when the snow tires aren't shod.

1) Where you go?
2) Why you like it?
3) Good place to eat?
Check out Woodland Park to Bailey, I call it the Deckers run, it runs right through Deckers. Here is a video of one of my cruises that way

Also in Denver area, Squaw Pass is amazing.

If you are on Facebook look up Colorado ST/RS. I post lots of cruises on there, and check out my youtube channel, I have lots of cruises videos, I can get info on most all the routes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Watching this thread...I was just going to Google something like "small towns front range" or something like that, to take a couple/few hour drive tomorrow while my husband's at work for half the day. If you're new to CO - just watch out for the gravel on the roads - especially in the mountainy/curvy areas.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BluGnat I was supposed to take the trip, listed below, that Jypsu123 might call his Decker Run. I took the wrong turn in Deckers so I went out of my way. A suggestion for Denver commute is 285W; South onto Pine Valley Rd (which is basically CR 126); In Deckers take 67 N then follow the directions listed below.

I am sans GoPro so I have so way of showing the run but the jist of it is this: 24 W out of Colorado Springs; 67 N in Woodland Park, make the turn in Deckers NOT CR 126; 67 turns to dirt so remain on N Platte River Rd; Right on W Pine Creek Rd (dirt for 3.5 miles); Left to get back onto 67 N which take you to Sedalia.

·
Registered
593 Posts
BluGnat I was supposed to take the trip, listed below, that Jypsu123 might call his Decker Run. I took the wrong turn in Deckers so I went out of my way. A suggestion for Denver commute is 285W; South onto Pine Valley Rd (which is basically CR 126); In Deckers take 67 N then follow the directions listed below.

I am sans GoPro so I have so way of showing the run but the jist of it is this: 24 W out of Colorado Springs; 67 N in Woodland Park, make the turn in Deckers NOT CR 126; 67 turns to dirt so remain on N Platte River Rd; Right on W Pine Creek Rd (dirt for 3.5 miles); Left to get back onto 67 N which take you to Sedalia.
Yes, sorry. Woodland Park to Pine Junction. If you stay on 67 out of Deckers itll turn to dirt road. Either way, still a fun drive lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts

1) Where you go?
2) Why you like it?
3) Good place to eat?
Since you are in the Springs, you should take advantage of what's south as well. The drive along 50 from Canyon City to Salida is fun as well as some of the road along the Wet Mtns.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Rocky Mountain National Park

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
BTW, do TRAIL RIDGE ROAD!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS, also on your way to Rocky Mountain you will go through the town of Estes Park, its where the Hotel from the movie Shining!!!!!!

and Pikes Peak if you go down by Colorado Springs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts