Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been stuck on the fence about lowering my ST since I got it. I've never wanted to be too low just a little drop. I like the way the front sits especially with my front splitter, that being said I was recently thinking about maybe putting coils/lowering springs in just the rear. Looking for advice from you guys with more experience with these cars. Good idea? Bad idea? Lame? Safe? What are your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
7,521 Posts
I've been stuck on the fence about lowering my ST since I got it. I've never wanted to be too low just a little drop. I like the way the front sits especially with my front splitter, that being said I was recently thinking about maybe putting coils/lowering springs in just the rear. Looking for advice from you guys with more experience with these cars. Good idea? Bad idea? Lame? Safe? What are your thoughts?
I would replace all of the suspension if you are going to mess with it at all. The factory dampers are not all that good in the first place. If you want to lower just a bit, not have to worry about messing with adjustment and want excellent ride quality, check out the Mountune Club Sport.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
bad idea to only change out the springs in one half of the car. you want balance, springs/struts thats are setup/paired for each other. Most coilovers will still lower the car even at their highest settings. That being said, lowering an inch is not going to cause any issues unless you routinely go off roading. I run pretty low even in the winter and havent had any issues

1 - 3 of 3 Posts