Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every time it rains or there is a humid day I get P2196 sensor signal biased stuck rich bank 1 sensor 1. I usually just reflash my access port stage 3 map 93 oct. Anyone else have this issue, any idea what it could be? The aAFR goes to like 9.5 at idle when this happens and i get alot of poping from the exhaust on a down shift. Could it be MAF related? or ecu? or vacuum leak? Also everytime I top of my tank with gas the car almost stalls the first time i start it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did some research seems it might be the purge valve on the fuel systems, still trying to figure out the exact part I need and where to order it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm a bit late to reply but i am having the same issue. Any updates? been thinking it has to do with the evap system but no codes show up for it. and BTW the part number for the purge valve is BV6Z-9D289-E if you still need it

·
Registered
139 Posts
With any luck I'll be replacing mine today. I've had the same issues as the OP and I am fed up. I know it's killing my converter as I get that terrible rotten egg smell when it acts up really bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Faced the same issue when the weather was humid. Exhaust pops on deceleration, bad smell and error code. Will replacing the purge valve solve it for sure?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts