Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I searched the forum for this topic and came up with nothing relevant to my current situation. I recently installed a Mountune FMIC (no issues), however, today when I went to install some NGK plugs, I was greeted with the check engine light. I ran the Cobb AP read code and was given "P04DB." I searched that on the OBDII diagnostics code look up and it says "Crankcase breather system disconnected." Where is that located? Does it have anything to do with disconnecting the MAF sensor on the intake when I was getting to the plugs? Additionally, car was sluggish on first start after changing plugs. And again after returning to OEM plugs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've had this car for all of two weeks and am hoping I haven't screwed something up too terribly. Cheers.

-Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well, in case anyone comes across this same issue: it was a loose connection. Behind the intake is a wiring harness of significant importance. Should that be merely plugged in and not plugged in and screwed securely together, the result is a sleepless night and a significant amount of self loathing... and a 2 minute fix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, in case anyone comes across this same issue: it was a loose connection. Behind the intake is a wiring harness of significant importance. Should that be merely plugged in and not plugged in and screwed securely together, the result is a sleepless night and a significant amount of self loathing... and a 2 minute fix.
Thanks for the information, you will have photos or where those cables are located, I have the same code on

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,065 Posts

The sensor is located behind the upper air intake.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,065 Posts
Is you intake factory or aftermarket?

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry for the translation, in my country there are not many solutions for this car.
I have a Ford Focus RS mk3 2.3 Ecoboost and it all started this way:

I bought the Stage 1 cobb package, it includes intake, everything worked perfectly until I decided to change the actuator (wastegate) for a Mambatek brand, when installing it it did not work and it threw the fault P0299 Turbocharger, I changed the spring and it worked with a 12psi one yellow color, but shortly after the failure returned, until now I had not modified the cobb map, later I requested a modification to my map so that it did not have the actuator failure and with the new map it continues to fail, change the actuator for the factory and the fault is not solved. the other P04DB code appeared and I can't find any solution so far.
i have checked turbo hoses for leaks and found none.
All the connections of the intake sensor hoses are correct. It is a car that has 7,500 miles so I don't use it.

Sport mode only 1 driver, at 40mph in third gear I accelerate to full speed and when reaching 5400 rpms, engine failure appears and the turbo stops increasing psi is protected, and in the cobb accesport monitor when measuring the% of the wastegate 80% stays at 10% and the values no longer change

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,065 Posts
So unfortunately screwing with your wastegate is not a good Idea. Hindsight being 20/20 you will need to set the wastegates preload. Or replace the entire turbocharger assembly with the WGA preset.

It's not impossible to adjust but afterwards you will still need to work with a tuner. There's about a hundred videos online about setting preload. The fix is normally putting the factory intake back on as it flows pretty well for stock.

Take some pictures of what you're looking at and we can work through this.

J

There is a hall effect sensor that connects to the air intake tube. I have seen this DTC when switching the upper air intake tube with and aftermarket one.

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
So unfortunately screwing with your wastegate is not a good Idea. Hindsight being 20/20 you will need to set the wastegates preload. Or replace the entire turbocharger assembly with the WGA preset.

It's not impossible to adjust but afterwards you will still need to work with a tuner. There's about a hundred videos online about setting preload. The fix is normally putting the factory intake back on as it flows pretty well for stock.

Take some pictures of what you're looking at and we can work through this.

J

There is a hall effect sensor that connects to the air intake tube. I have seen this DTC when switching the upper air intake tube with and aftermarket one.
He's got his own thread on this. Idk if a merge, or something is in order.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,065 Posts
LOL! It definitely sounds like he's got his hands full.

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
LOL! It definitely sounds like he's got his hands full.

Yeah, jump in that one, he answered about his preload . Lmao

We need to see some logs to see if the wgdc is producing proper boost. Then we can go from there.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,065 Posts
Well I vote that we wipe this one because it's clearly part of the other thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.