Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So need some advice what did u guys do with your accessport wire it is so long. I mounted it to vent right above ob-2 connector, I was thinking fishing it behind dash unless they make a short wire?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just fished mine behind the dash and out of the top/side of the steering column. It's not rocket surgery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
This^^^ Takes 30 seconds and is the only real way to deal with that long cable.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
What these guys said ^

The little black trim flap thing that runs up your door and up your pillar, that flap is where I tucked mine into. I plugged it into the OBDII port then it is tucked into the underside of the dash over to that piece of trim then behind the trim and unseen until literally right beside my AP3 where it pokes out like 3 inches straight over to my AP3. So you can see literally 3 inches of the cable.

Picture I brightened up to show how much cable is visible
Windshield Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive window part

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Cool last question do I need to un-plug it every time so it does not kill battery when car is off or does it shut off after a few min.
They have a built in feature you can turn on and off that allows the Accessport to detect when you turn on the car so it turns off and doesn't drain your battery.

Here is a post with a PDF document from Cobb explaining how to enable/disable it.
https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204155990-Accessport-Auto-On-Off-Setup-

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just popped out the side bit of trim where the door is (opposite the door) then unclipped the OBDII port and cable tied it to a metal structure at the back, used tape on the metal to stop any chaffing, looped the cable, pulled it through the side trim opening to the exact length needed for the accessport then popped the side trim back on and voila

1 - 10 of 10 Posts