Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know the difference between cooB V3 and V2. Is the only screen that is the difference? Or are the other things you can do with version 3? You get more horsepower from V3?
Can mention is that I will only use COBB when I switch software. It will not be engaged in everyday life.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Horsepower/torque output is determined by the tune that is installed on the vehicle. The tuners out there that use the Accessport can load the same tune on either V2 or V3, but with the V3 you get the ability to have up to 6 gauges going at once that you can monitor and switch between. I never had the V2 but I think they both have datalogging abilities. Other than that I'm not sure what else they do differently. I went through the same decision making process when I got mine and I went with the V3 and haven't looked back since.

Are you saying you are going to uninstall the tune and only install it back when you want the power? Maybe I'm missing something but that seems unnecessary.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Horsepower/torque output is determined by the tune that is installed on the vehicle. The tuners out there that use the Accessport can load the same tune on either V2 or V3, but with the V3 you get the ability to have up to 6 gauges going at once that you can monitor and switch between. I never had the V2 but I think they both have datalogging abilities. Other than that I'm not sure what else they do differently. I went through the same decision making process when I got mine and I went with the V3 and haven't looked back since.

Are you saying you are going to uninstall the tune and only install it back when you want the power? Maybe I'm missing something but that seems unnecessary.
I can not install new software in the car and then disconnect COBB? Must be installed in OBD2 all the time for it to work?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I think I may not understand the question. You can disconnect the AP from the car and the tune stays on, you just don't have your monitors anymore. In order to run the stock tune you actually have to uninstall the accessport. Not that that's a difficult thing to do but I just really don't see the point. The only time i uninstall my tune is to take it to the dealership for warranty work, and you have to fully uninstall and un-marry the AP when you do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts