Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So long story short I have to wait for stratified to update my tune so I am.using the stage 2 Cobb tune right now. I have been running the v7.10 crackles and pops tune on 91 octane for a while now and love it...Except I have noticed with the stage 2 Cobb tune that my car feels more responsive, sprinty, and like it build power quicker.

How can I/Stratified remedy this? I'm assuming I need to send in data logs,. It perhaps I was in the wrong map slot? I think I was in slot 2 on the stratified tune and I'm in slot one on the COBB tune.

I feel like the stratified tune took longer to build power and that first gear still felt a little clunky or laggy.

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the messed up punctuation and type-o's. It never comes out as good on my phone.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have run both tunes. The Stratified tune has less throttle response off of idle, but pulls harder in the mid range and top end rpm's. The Cobb tunes are more responsive off idle to mid range rpm's. This is just the difference in how the tunes are set up. The guys at Stratified can change your tune to be more responsive off idle. Get with them and explain how you would like the tune to behave off idle etc. and they can make the changes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I recently switched to the Stratified tune and I think the difference is the "more linear throttle" that Cobb advertises. I could be wrong but that's my guess. I also prefer the Cobb methodology but it's not too big of a deal to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have run both tunes as well and the stratified will give you a smooth and more powerful experience.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have run both tunes. The Stratified tune has less throttle response off of idle, but pulls harder in the mid range and top end rpm's. The Cobb tunes are more responsive off idle to mid range rpm's. This is just the difference in how the tunes are set up. The guys at Stratified can change your tune to be more responsive off idle. Get with them and explain how you would like the tune to behave off idle etc. and they can make the changes.
The way you explained it is exactly how I felt. I will play with the COBB tune and bit more and see if I want the stratified tune modified or not. I'm also considering going with the LOUD crackles and pops.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The Strat tune is much better mid and top end. I was hoping that with traction control now available that the low end rpm range would be pumped up a bit. The ONLY thing that I liked about the stock tune was the initial pedal response. I'd like to get that back but have the rest of the Stratified tune be intact as well :)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Strat tune is much better mid and top end. I was hoping that with traction control now available that the low end rpm range would be pumped up a bit. The ONLY thing that I liked about the stock tune was the initial pedal response. I'd like to get that back but have the rest of the Stratified tune be intact as well :)
This is EXACTLY what I am looking for as well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts