Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just grabbed a 2017 focus st-3. Im looking at the COBB Stage 3 kit. Is COBB pretty much the golden standard for focus upgrades? Is there something else I should be looking at?

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Although they produce the AccessPort which allows you to tap into the factory CPU. There are many others out there. You could always look at Mountune. Much of what they offer allows you to keep the base manufacturers warranty. I'm sure others will chime in to give their recommendations.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just grabbed a 2017 focus st-3. Im looking at the COBB Stage 3 kit. Is COBB pretty much the golden standard for focus upgrades? Is there something else I should be looking at?
unless you like wasting money, having a boat load of drone from their exhaust, and a sub par RMM, there are much better options out there

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mountune is what you'd buy if you want your warranty to stay. Cobb is if you want parts that are in theory designed to work with each other. Neither of those are the popular options on the forum as it is more worth the money to piece together a "stage 3" kit. CP-E tends to be a very popular brand among the forums as they have very high quality stuff and their FMIC is great. For an idea of what you could do for a "Stage 3" kit, you could do this:

CP-E FMIC, Green filter (Cold air intakes aren't really a necessity), MBRP cat back exhaust with catless downpipe, Cobb Accessport, CP-E Stage 2 rear motor mount

We all want to find the best bang for your buck mods and if you're like that as well, I highly recommend avoiding the cobb kits.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
455 Posts
Id say if you're looking to mod the vehicle and not void the warranty then Mountune or Ford Performance is where you should be looking.. you pay a little more but keeping the warranty is well worth it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Yup. I've already moved off the idea. Cobb access port for sure. Now trying to settle between greddy exhaust or ford performance. Also what down pipe to go with.
I have Greddy and love it. I would recommend the full Greddy experience and get the down pipe and cat back

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's all changed. Got a greddy down pipe. Injen cat back. Cobb access port. Enkie ts9 rims and falken rt615k tires. Now looking for a set of swift springs to lower it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also have a 17. Still looking into what exhaust to go with. I just want a nice grunt not too crazy for MD .

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also have a 17. Still looking into what exhaust to go with. I just want a nice grunt not too crazy for MD .

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Ford Performance Exhaust is amazing. I had mine installed last month :) Nice deep rumble. Pricey but totally worth it. I purchased mine form Cj Pony Parts.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Love the Bathurst wheels, I just ordered myself a 19" set. And I know it's off topic, but how did you tint your tail lights? I have a 2016 and I am looking to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. I went to a place called Tint World and they used the same Film that they use for the windows so it is removable. Came out really nice. I think it was 100 bucks or so for both lights. Cheers!~

1 - 20 of 21 Posts