Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is this a safe tune to run? I have fmic, catless dp and 3" catback. The guy at my shop says I run a high risk of blowing the motor if I do. I was recommended to keep it on the stage 3 91 Oct to be safe. I religiously run 94 Oct fuel in my car and have a hard time believing COBB would put a tune in that would detonate a motor.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
exactly, if Cobb's tune was blowing every motor that ran it, they wouldn't be as popular as they are now...

if you have and are using 94, you should be good to go. I'd keep an eye on corrections, but I don't see it being a problem, canned tunes (the ones that come reloaded on flashing devices) tend to be very conservative since there are no revisions being made and they are selling to everywhere and cant take into consideration of local fuel quality, temperature, or elevation.

when you buy a tune from a pro tuner, they will usually do revisions based on data pulled from your actual car and can (often) push it even harder while still being fairly safe.

that being said, I prefer working with a tuner directly and having revisions/adjustments to make sure my tune is set for rock solid reliability and safety vs bleeding edge performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts