Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I searched, but I could not find the answers I was looking for. I am pretty sure I know how to switch maps in my ST with the rolling map switching based on the COBB video released, but here are my questions.

When switching between maps how long does it take? Is it just like flashing a map for the first time or is it something I could do at a red light or should I at least pull over to make the switch?

How do I know what map is in what slot? I only plan on using tunes. My stratified tune and my ecotune (I do a lot of short distance surface street driving at times and it kills my mpg).

If anyone can help me get on the right track I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
When you pull the cancel/resume switch on the steering wheel, your RPM gauge will show you what slot you are in. So Slot 1 is 1k RPM, Slot 2 is 2k RPM, Slot 3 is 3K etc. etc. The change is instant. You can do it while driving. You don't need to be stopped, hence the "rolling" map switches.

Should also mentioned that you change maps by pressing + or - on the cruise control controls.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You need to clarify and/or understand the difference between a "tune" and a "map". Example: You purchase a tune from Stratified. This tune can support up to 5 different map slots. These maps can be customized to accommodate different fuel blends, LC rpm settings, and boost limits(economy/valet map). Now you can switch between these maps on the fly via the cruise control buttons. Your rpm gauge will indicate which slot you are currently in (1000 rpm = slot 1 etc.) If you have multiple tunes loaded onto your AP, such as one from Stratified and say a COBB OTS, then you must actually perform the reflash procedure to change between them. Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to clarify and/or understand the difference between a "tune" and a "map". Example: You purchase a tune from Stratified. This tune can support up to 5 different map slots. These maps can be customized to accommodate different fuel blends, LC rpm settings, and boost limits(economy/valet map). Now you can switch between these maps on the fly via the cruise control buttons. Your rpm gauge will indicate which slot you are currently in (1000 rpm = slot 1 etc.) If you have multiple tunes loaded onto your AP, such as one from Stratified and say a COBB OTS, then you must actually perform the reflash procedure to change between them. Hope this helps:)
Ohhhh okay. That makes sense. I only have a map for one fuel blend (91), but I want to use a slot with a higher RPM setting for LC. I guess I didn't receive an eco map from stratified though...my e-mail says I only have slots 1-4.

EDIT: I read further and slot 5 is my eco slot. Awesome! I think I will be using slots 3 and 5 then!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
For different fuel types, i believe tuners have different tunes not maps, unless you are talking about w/m/i.

Having different fuel types within one tune, is a recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Ohhhh okay. That makes sense. I only have a map for one fuel blend (91), but I want to use a slot with a higher RPM setting for LC. I guess I didn't receive an eco map from stratified though...my e-mail says I only have slots 1-4.

EDIT: I read further and slot 5 is my eco slot. Awesome! I think I will be using slots 3 and 5 then!
And so yes those map slots can be accessed and switched even while driving.

·
Registered
917 Posts
For different fuel types, i believe tuners have different tunes not maps, unless you are talking about w/m/i.

I may have misspoke in regards to the fuel maps...thanks for pointing that out:sorry:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts

Recipe for disaster, but doable. My BT tune will have a 93 and ethanol slot when done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts