Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for tips on how to select a Cobb tune and make sure that I'm not doing damage to my engine. This is my only car, I love it, and I don't want to thrash it to dust!

I just purchased an Accessport. It came with a number of maps, and I downloaded the latest v500 maps as well. There is a "49s" and a "50s". Which one should I run? I don't see any difference in the description.

Current mods done by previous owner: Mountune exhaust (I don't know if it's catback or turboback--how can I tell without putting it on a lift?) FMIC replacement, Injen intake.

Lastly, can I delete the "older" maps (such as deleting v200, keeping v201)?

·
Registered
163 Posts
when you update the maps, the new ones should replace the old ones. they should be listed as "Stage 1", "Stage 2", "Stage 3" on your accessport. also they come in 91 or 93 octane per tune. if you have all those mods minus the downpipe you should run the stage 2 tune. if you have a downpipe, it is safe to run the stage 3 tune. however, i would do cheap insurance and get yourself a new set of one step colder spark plugs. if you jack the car up to check the downpipe, if its a mountune downpipe it will have a stamp on it that says mountune and the part number. most aftermarket downpipes are also 3" in diameter, so it will be noticeable. also the stock downpipe has a bottleneck right where it bends at the top and bolts to the head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts