Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Initially had the Roush Intake(which will be up for sale soon), however I ended it up taking it off in order to get a ball park trade in value from Ford. I got lazy and left the stock intake system off. I started missing the sound and was ready to throw on the Roush box with filter when this intake came out. I love CF and thought it would make the engine bay a little bit prettier, I am happy with the way it turned out!

Stock Engine Bay:
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Family car

Cobb CF Intake tube compared to stock, it is a bit wider
Footwear Material property Shoe Synthetic rubber High heels

Engine Bay with CF Goodies!
Vehicle Auto part Car Engine City car

Another Angle:
Vehicle Car Auto part Subcompact car Trunk

I'm currently running a Mountune Stage 1 tune, I doubt I will need tune adjustments, but we will see.

Installation was easy, you'll be done faster than when you initially load the Cobb AP, seriously.

Only issue I encountered was I over tighten one of the screws going into the intake cover and ended up stripping the hole where it went, not a big deal but I did completely remove it.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
It sure is one sexy piece. If I had the extra cash flow I would deff get the tubing!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I get the whole Carbon fiber appeal but aside from that why would anyone wanna buy this over less pricey options... And doesn't this kit retain the factory turn down pipe from the end of the mid pipe to the turbo...? Looks good tho I will say!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think this is one of those "I bought it because I can" pieces. The car doesn't need an aftermarket air intake under most circumstances anyhow, but we put them on because we are conditioned to think a bigger filter means better airflow.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get the whole Carbon fiber appeal but aside from that why would anyone wanna buy this over less pricey options... And doesn't this kit retain the factory turn down pipe from the end of the mid pipe to the turbo...? Looks good tho I will say!
Yeah, it does retain that pipe. There is no difference in performance between Stock, Roush or this piece according to the butt dyno. Roush give you overall more sound, is a pain to install but doable. The Cobb was less of a pain to install while looking pretty. It's pretty much a good show off piece at cars and coffee nothing more nothing less.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's a lot nicer then the aluminum mountune intake pipe...hmmm wondering..I might be selling my mountune intake pipe soon :)

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Got mine installed today:

It looks great, but I don't like how one corner of the airbox is raised up now. The elbow isn't long/flexible enough to seat the top peg (closest to the motor), and it sits about a half inch high. It's secure and doesn't move though, so I guess it's all good.

Also got the carbon fiber snorkel. It's a nice piece as well but I don't like how it reuses the plastic clips to mount, it seems flimsy and wobbles a little. Would much rather have used actual hardware to secure it properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts