Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought a new 2017 ST and ordered from Cobb their cat-back ($799) and AP. The fitment is off-center and sits so far forward the the Cobb logo isn't visible and soot is covering the "bumper" of the car. Cobb support said there is a 30 day return policy. I cut the stock exhaust from the car...

I'm thinking there isn't much room for "adjustment".

Am I expecting too much??? Is problem resolution to get my money back?

Any thoughts regarding Cobb's customer satisfaction??

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just bought a new 2017 ST and ordered from Cobb their cat-back ($799) and AP. The fitment is off-center and sits so far forward the the Cobb logo isn't visible and soot is covering the "bumper" of the car. Cobb support said there is a 30 day return policy. I cut the stock exhaust from the car...

I'm thinking there isn't much room for "adjustment".

Am I expecting too much??? Is problem resolution to get my money back?

Any thoughts regarding Cobb's customer satisfaction??

Thanks!
I just got my Cobb Cat-Back installed on Saturday.

My exhaust tips also sit forward. I suspect that the exhaust was designed originally for 2013-15 models which had different rear bumpers, which I'm guessimg, allowed the tips to stick out more.

Looking at your pictures, it looks like your exhaust sits higher, much closer to the bumper, than mine do. Are you using the stock hangers? I'm using the Cobb hangers, and my exhaust tips don't sit as close to the bumper as yours do.

As for being off center, I'd have to go and take a better look at mine, but I don't believe so.

Update: My tips are centered, but looking closer, they are also very close to the bumper like yours appear to be. There's maybe a 3/8" gap, though at the right angle, I can read Cobb on them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts