Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys I'm new here to the forum. I've been watching the threads carefully and trying to read as much about all this stuff as possible.

So i just received my access port v3 today (ordered from stratified, but didnt get the flash tune since I'm an idiot and forgot to fill out the tune form in the email they sent). So I went ahead and installed the accessport and am running the 91 off OTS. I noticed it did the backup of the original ecu.

My question is:

How do i go about accessing that file on my pc (I've tried browsing for the file with accessport manager on pc, but no luck. I Just see a list of the tunes.) Is there any way I can find this file so I can back it up and throw it in my drop box or hd. I'd had for something to randomly happen and not have access to that file (stolen accessport, broken access port, etc)

Another reason I wanted to play it safe was that i saw there was a software update available for my device. And I didn't want to do the update until i knew my factory file was safe (not sure if it over writes anything).

Sorry about these noob questions. I've been searching with google, and the forums and haven't really seen an answer.

Deeh

·
Registered
19 Posts
My understanding is you can't access the file. I think if something happens to your accesport you call COBB and they have solutions to fix the situation. But i'm honestly not sure on that one.

Additionally, you should always uninstall your tune and uninstall the accessport, reverting to stock when you want to do the accessport software update. Or at least that's what i've been told. The updates usually tweak the tunes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts